#1April 13th, 2010 · 12:19 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
Dont Go Gown

This song is not in a battle

It's "Don't Go Down" of course, bandamp won't let me use the apostrophe. Here's the lyrics:

It’s changing / I feel storms coming up / Can’t seem to find my paddle / Buried by the waves / The kids are throwing stones / There from the shore / Unless they hit the boat / It might take me home // And your love will carry me downstream / Down to the waterfall splashing // I tried to circumnavigate any big circumstance / For fear of the safety / Of you and me / But I could not hold you back / When you jumped into the lake / And left me on my own /  Yelling “Don’t go down!” // ‘cause my love had overgrown your esteem / You’re drifting at twice the pace than me / Away from the waterfall // My memory carries me downstream / Down where the waterfalls are crashing / Where all of the happiness gets drowned / Note to myself: don’t go down / Don’t go down

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 13th, 2010 · 01:40 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey another really cool chill track from you. I really like your lyrics in this one. Keep practicing those vocals man it sounds like you could be great...and the vox are much better on this one than the lonely hearts bar one.
I really like your style. It gets better as it goes on. Again it reminds me of Joseph Arthur. awesome stuff.

After about 1:10 your vox get really awesome. 1:58 guitar solo!! YEAH!

you cant go down man your just gonna keep going up. i really enjoyed that
#3April 15th, 2010 · 01:14 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice laid back style.
Try taking deeper breaths and getting closer to the mic,  pan the acoustic left and right, vox in the middle, you'll achieve much better dynamics.

Keep 'em coming
#4April 16th, 2010 · 06:49 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
@TheKunadiun: Thanks for your words! I am happy to hear you like the song

@Denis: Always a pleasure to read your honest critique and advice. Thank you!
#5January 30th, 2011 · 03:42 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
32 posts
United States of America
Very "live" sounding recording.

Good songwriting and killer ideas, main weakness I hear is in the pitch of the background vox.

Nice job.
#6January 30th, 2011 · 03:54 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Dont Go Gown
Dullwood wrote…
It's "Don't Go Down" of course, bandamp won't let me use the apostrophe. Here's the lyrics:

It’s changing / I feel storms coming up / Can’t seem to find my paddle / Buried by the waves / The kids are throwing stones / There from the shore / Unless they hit the boat / It might take me home // And your love will carry me downstream / Down to the waterfall splashing // I tried to circumnavigate any big circumstance / For fear of the safety / Of you and me / But I could not hold you back / When you jumped into the lake / And left me on my own /  Yelling “Don’t go down!” // ‘cause my love had overgrown your esteem / You’re drifting at twice the pace than me / Away from the waterfall // My memory carries me downstream / Down where the waterfalls are crashing / Where all of the happiness gets drowned / Note to myself: don’t go down / Don’t go down

lovely scratchy  acoustic ........
guitar tuning very suspect...........
nice song very well recorded .......... if u listen to it loud it falls apart a bit.....
so what its nice

out of tuna fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:49 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.