#1April 13th, 2010 · 11:34 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Calm Waters - remix

This song is not in a battle

Changed the drums to Exdrummer, removed bongos, tweeked effects, levels and Eq.  I think I orginally recorded the Guitars using my old Yamaha multi-track recorder as a mixer/preamp, Not bad analouge sound, don't you think??

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 13th, 2010 · 01:49 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I like it like this without the bongos man. This sounds so ace and proffessional. freaking excellent job in that respect. now as for the instrumentation....freaking excellent job. composition? freaking excellent job.
Your getting a really sweet analog sound with that man. I like this track.

heres something I would like to hear...do another recording of the bass...keep that slightly distorted tone it has..but bring it up a bit more...itll make it sound more crunchy and more of a part of the music. and i mean just bring it up a slight bit more...itll sound like some of Yes. i think it would really be cool....partially because i could never get that sweet tone you are getting on the bass.

the song is actually great on its own the way it is...i just like crunchy ever so slightly distorted bass upfront. lol.

you know what would make this freaking way gone excellent? i think lyrics and a REALLY awesome vocal job.
EQ and levels sound great.

nicely rated
#3April 13th, 2010 · 05:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
I like it like this without the bongos man. This sounds so ace and proffessional. freaking excellent job in that respect. now as for the instrumentation....freaking excellent job. composition? freaking excellent job.
Your getting a really sweet analog sound with that man. I like this track.

heres something I would like to hear...do another recording of the bass...keep that slightly distorted tone it has..but bring it up a bit more...itll make it sound more crunchy and more of a part of the music. and i mean just bring it up a slight bit more...itll sound like some of Yes. i think it would really be cool....partially because i could never get that sweet tone you are getting on the bass.

the song is actually great on its own the way it is...i just like crunchy ever so slightly distorted bass upfront. lol.

you know what would make this freaking way gone excellent? i think lyrics and a REALLY awesome vocal job.
EQ and levels sound great.

nicely rated :D

Hmm yeah I was thinking about doing the Bass again, but I think it sounds OK, my final mastering is in the car Hi-Fi, tomorrow....lol
I invite anyone to add vox and lyrics 

Cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 5:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.