#1April 11th, 2010 · 10:26 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
Germany
Relaxed Melodies

This song is not in a battle

This is pretty much my second project. I struggled a little with the volume of the different themes, so if you have any tips on that please share! I'm also not absolutely satisfied with the sound of some of the instruments but I only have one VST and I´m not very good at modifying the given instruments so I have to take whats there.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 11th, 2010 · 10:47 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The vol mix sounds Ok to me, probably because the Rhodes keys cut through better, perhaps you should use the Rhodes as the main melody line, pan it in the middle, the lighter, brighter keys pan left and right, the mellow sounding one is Ok where it is.

Perhaps work on the structure more, intro, verse, bridge, chorus outro etc etc.

There are loads of free VST's, what software are you using?, I'm sure there are ampers that can suggest some good freebees

Pretty good for only your second project
#3April 18th, 2010 · 08:56 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
Good composure, and melody arrangement. Mabey work on volume levels and add some reverb to the synth's so they're not so sharp. What software are you using, mabey I can help with some pointers. Im glad to help if I can. Good Job!

Aarondeager
#4April 19th, 2010 · 05:32 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
Germany
Hey thanks for your comments! I'm using Fl Studio 9 and by now I figured how to use VST plugins. Still there are so many it doesn't make it easier :P. I guess I will peek into the Music Theory area now because I didn't bother with song structure etc. so far.

Greetings BenSen
#5April 19th, 2010 · 11:55 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hi,

Always good to hear someone experiment with music, I think you're on the right track for sure. Your melodies and basslines so far sound very promising!

Not sure what I can suggest, other than to go with what your ears like to hear, I know all the possibilities can be overwhelming (this is what's causing my own non-productivity on the home recording front) but the remedy is - don't look too long for something you like, if you find a sound that you like just use it, and next time you're looking for a sound start browsing VST's there where you left off. Else you might just drown in choices ending up with doing nothing (I know a few things about how that goes, I'm afraid  )

Furthermore, enjoy what you're doing and keep sharing it with BandAMP

cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.