#1April 10th, 2010 · 04:13 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
Wishful Thinking

This song is not in a battle

I wish you were the only living woman / And I the only man on planet earth / There'd be no handsome people to distract us / But would we know what our love was worth? / I wish I was a summer in the winter / To keep you warm when the nights get cold / I want to be a winter in the summer / To cool the drink that your sweaty hand holds // And Napoleon by horse looked taller than in reality / Maybe this situation is not as bad as it seems // I want to be the only one beside you / The only one with flowers at your door / And you should be the girl that I show off with / The only one I secretly adore / I want to be a book truthfully written / You could leaf through my pages with your hand / And when you get so tired of all the reading / Then you would lay me down on your bed-stand // And Napoleon by horse looked taller than in reality / Maybe your rejection is not really what you mean // Ah, but all of this is wishful thinking / We both know it will never be like this / I should learn to take care of my looks and earnings / And you, dear, you should learn how to kiss / No, really, dear, we couldn't be more different / Despite that we sure deviate in sex / Now I noticed that my legs describe an O / While I'm sure yours always looked like an X

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 10th, 2010 · 04:54 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You sound like a young Bono, and this sounds like an attempt to do that U2 moody basement emo stuff.
But this goes all out of sync.....shame.
A tighter performance and a few word changes to the lyrics would bring a better flow into it, because you have a very clear voice and you bring it over all right, you just have to bring it together better and it would all come over all right.
Napoleon apparently was actually a rather big guy. He was only depicted in caricatures as being small. Charlemagne was small, Hitler was small!
#3April 10th, 2010 · 05:06 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
Actually, I am not that much into U2, although they do have some great songs.
But thanks for your critique, I recorded this about a year ago, but I might give this another try, get it more into sync. Thank you!

Napoleon seemed to have been 1.67m tall, which is rather small today but was a normal height back then. Anyway, there are anecdotes about him wanting to be painted on his horse because that would make him look even taller.  D
#4April 11th, 2010 · 08:30 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,396 posts
United Kingdom
Just remove the drums, it will sound much better
#5April 11th, 2010 · 09:13 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
Germany
Yea I i think to get the real idea of that song you have to sync it. Imo drums are fine, but the hihats dont seem to fit that well.
#6April 13th, 2010 · 12:12 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
Thanks Denis & BenSen! I'll think about it. 
#7April 13th, 2010 · 01:44 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
this was really awesome until the drums came in. i like your lyrics...you express a message in each of them. get rid of those blasted "drums".

remeniscant of U2 and once again...Joseph Arthur...check him out.

get rid of those drums and i shall give a better comment.

I like your vocal style...it sounds like you just need to LET GOOOOO GET IT OUT NO RESTRAINTSS AAAHGGHHHHH and yeah.
#8July 26th, 2010 · 12:42 PM
103 threads / 60 songs
204 posts
Canada
You've got a great set of lyrics and an interesting melody, you've just got to get the rhythm together and you'll have a solid song. Drums aside, the song drags on a bit. It gets a little dull with the same chords all the way through and the basic strumming. You may want to consider adding another musical section and changing up the strum pattern. For starters, try putting more emphasis on the first and third beats and laying off elsewhere and see where it take you. All in all though it's a good start, with some work this could be a great song.
#9July 26th, 2010 · 07:44 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Wishful Thinking
Dullwood wrote…
I wish you were the only living woman / And I the only man on planet earth / There'd be no handsome people to distract us / But would we know what our love was worth? / I wish I was a summer in the winter / To keep you warm when the nights get cold / I want to be a winter in the summer / To cool the drink that your sweaty hand holds // And Napoleon by horse looked taller than in reality / Maybe this situation is not as bad as it seems // I want to be the only one beside you / The only one with flowers at your door / And you should be the girl that I show off with / The only one I secretly adore / I want to be a book truthfully written / You could leaf through my pages with your hand / And when you get so tired of all the reading / Then you would lay me down on your bed-stand // And Napoleon by horse looked taller than in reality / Maybe your rejection is not really what you mean // Ah, but all of this is wishful thinking / We both know it will never be like this / I should learn to take care of my looks and earnings / And you, dear, you should learn how to kiss / No, really, dear, we couldn't be more different / Despite that we sure deviate in sex / Now I noticed that my legs describe an O / While I'm sure yours always looked like an X

EXPERIMENT ........

TIMING to hell .......... percussion versus guitar ...........

But great recording/production ........all clear .......
but timing feels like a guy fallin downstairs in slow motion
haha

great concept ..........like a party at 4a.m.

haha

fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: September 21st, 2024 · 1:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.