#1April 8th, 2010 · 05:54 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Salty Jeans

This song is not in a battle

Used my famous lemonaide container for drums and layered vocals. Sink deep into this one.

I keep finding myself,
thinking about the sea.
Standing on the beach.
Wondering if I can swim.

I can no not swim.
In oceans of doubt
Im asking for help.

I begin to sink.
Below the waves of water.
I'm drowning.
Slip into sleep.

I can no not swim.
In oceans of doubt.
Im asking for help.

Afloat surface.
Waking from sleep.
I choke on breath.
Water pours out.
I begin to see...
why its so hard to find light.
Having all this doubt,
pulls me down.

I can not swim.
In oceans of doubt.
Im asking for help.
And you pull me out.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 9th, 2010 · 03:38 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hmm... how about adding some Church bells. Could be great if you get those vocals tight and in tune, it just goes out a bit hear and there.

Nice ideas, something you can build on, would be nice to change the mood after say a minute.

The mic is too close to your Lemonade container....
#3April 10th, 2010 · 04:04 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
I must say I dig the atmosphere of this song. Reminds me of "Tool" at some moments. What you could do is maybe balance out the volume of the single instruments to get a thicker and homogenic sound landscape...
#4April 10th, 2010 · 09:29 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The things not worked out properly, the end of the echos and the beginning of the harmonies clash in a disturbing way.
The idea of an amazing piece of work is given all the way through, but it becomes out of tune too often and that puts me off the reality.
A good idea and attempt at realizing it, but even shamanistic trip out tunes have to guide you through the curtains using some sense of harmony.
Disharmony works, but in the right place after all...these monks have had WAY too much to smoke !!

I feel like pointing you here and here ..... ! 
#5April 17th, 2010 · 06:42 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
I like your advice dennis with the church bells. Though I no longer have a keyboard and dont like to use loop samples. Mostly cause it never keeps in time with  my stuff. But I agree it needs more atmosphereic parts and better vocals. Maybe i'll throw in some far away  distortion. Thanks for the input!
#6April 18th, 2010 · 01:57 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Hmmm, interesting bit of work here.  I have to say that every now and then I wanted to start singing "Scarborough Fair" as it was highly reminiscent of that song.
I quite enjoyed listening - but would have liked it tidied up as far as timing is concerned; it's just a little too messy.
#7May 3rd, 2010 · 10:27 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
I really liked the percussion it pulled me in and loved how it built. The clap although awesome, I think it was a little loud and it might sound better if layered with multiple claps.just my thought though

The harmonies at the end sound prefect but the beginning i think would be better with less vocal delay. Can you fade it out quicker?
over all a great song!
keep it up bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 1:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.