#1April 3rd, 2010 · 11:26 PM
18 threads / 18 songs
54 posts
Chile
I Miss You

This song is not in a battle

This is a instrumental song Dedicated To my Girlfriend, I hope you like it as much as I liked and touch your hearts.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 4th, 2010 · 06:05 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
has a bit of Satriani to me.

Wonderful composition and excellent playing
although your drums sound always synthetic, don't know why. Because they are too simple? hmmmm

At the ending one can hear how many effect gear you use. Wouldn't be bad to reduce the noise a lot. That's what home recording makes. Even me have still the same problems.

I am sure your girlfriend loves this tune
#3April 4th, 2010 · 06:51 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Love the lead harmonies, good timing.

Nice to see a guitar composition played with less notes, it's harder to play in a way, because the notes need to be more expressive as they stand out more, which you have managed to do, so well done for that.

It stands well as a composition, but could equally be a great vocal song too, IMO.

You may be able to get rid of the noises simply by adding a good quality noise gate, I find with those you have to set it up lightly, otherwise it takes out some of the music, equally a good quality noise reduction plug-in would help, again quite tricky with electric guitar because the noises tone varies which can be difficult for it to detect without effecting the tone of the guitar defeating the object. however it's only the end, so I would just apply noise reduction to the end.

You could try adding a vintage type compression to the drums, or a tube plug-in, might give it a more natural sound.

It ends a bit sudden  
#4April 4th, 2010 · 12:44 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I realized somehow you made the drums sound stereo (I mean each patch of the kit) and that gives them a fake sound, as TK said. I think is the reverb you used or something like that. I just didn't like that; drums sound weird being stereo (different from a panned distribution).
There's a noise in the intro and the outro that becomes quite annoying.

Besides that recording issues, the composition is really beautiful and expressive. Perfect execution, as usual. I just thought it was a bit long for a solo-guitar song. It evolved through the whole song to a climax in the end, but I think the first part could be a bit shorter. More than six minutes can be a very long lenght for this type of songs.
I agree bout adding some vocals here. I usually like your songs as instrumentals but in this case I just couldn't help imagining a 80s-rock-style singer on it.

Again, great composition and playing. Skills, as usual.

> Iszil
#5April 14th, 2010 · 01:09 PM
18 threads / 18 songs
54 posts
Chile
Thanks for the comments and I must fix the sound of the drums but I can not yet because my computer is crap and i can't install good software .

But Thanks for all your goods comments.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:55 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.