#1April 2nd, 2010 · 02:28 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
Love for Sale
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 2 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-04

Hey, I'm back with a new singer. We;re in a band called Gain & Able. Here's a tune he sang in a studio with bass, drums, vocal, and 1 guitar (low in the mix, fortunately). He gave it to me, and I uploaded it on my machine. I added guitar layers, a solo, effects, and general do-dads and some needed chunk.

Hope you like it........

GK.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 2nd, 2010 · 11:46 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
first off I love the band name! a very good find!

I like the overall rockiness, it's a real driving groove and very guitar heavy... but the vox are now a little low in the mix. This makes the track very noisy, massive and loud on guitar. This works extremely well on the excellent solo part... but the low voice volume does distract from the overall appreciation of production value (god what am i writing)

Around 90/100 because of that! good to see you back, and (belated) happy birthday!
#3April 2nd, 2010 · 09:13 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
The voice reminds me of The Who. I agree about it being a bit low, but it's cool anyway.
Amazing job on the guitars, as usual.
Really catch piece of pure rock.
Great work, guys.

> Iszil

PS: Love the name too.
#4April 3rd, 2010 · 04:21 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
tune
Yeah guys, I got this tune pre-mixed, and the guitar and vocals were mixed low. I couldn't separate the tracks, so I just added guitars over top. I thought you guys were right about the guitars over top, but the vocals are low to begin with and I can't jack them up. If I scale back my guitars, it just sounds weak.

Ken
#5April 3rd, 2010 · 09:45 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Well...that explains a lot. My observations echo what has been said above. Your guitar work is typically amazing!
#6April 3rd, 2010 · 01:24 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
21 posts
United Kingdom
Great song...reminds of Thunder a bit. Very catchy and singalong. The singer has a great voice, but as already mentioned above, low in mix. Great guitar work too. Mixing is still not my forte at the moment, so I know what it's like to try and get it right 
#7April 4th, 2010 · 05:34 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
The effects and guitar playing is extremely impressive - also love the key change at 1:46, followed by the wicked guitar solo. Also, the effects on the vocals is cool (referring to that voice mask (low cut, I think)).

Great work!

--XFactor--
#8April 4th, 2010 · 06:00 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Love for Sale
GuitarKen wrote…
Hey, I'm back with a new singer. We;re in a band called Gain & Able. Here's a tune he sang in a studio with bass, drums, vocal, and 1 guitar (low in the mix, fortunately). He gave it to me, and I uploaded it on my machine. I added guitar layers, a solo, effects, and general do-dads and some needed chunk.

Hope you like it........

GK.

please come to my local pub!!!!

damn fine,,,,,,,,,  

fish
#9April 6th, 2010 · 11:54 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The needed chunk worked well, I agree with the Who like vocal...but I think as a whole piece I'm picking up on some AC/DC in the chunky screaming chorus and some Queen in the solos... very good song.
Vocal is a tad too low but only a tad though.
Yes, song along..radio...a local venue near you.....if only!
Very good rock and roll guys.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 12:30 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.