Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-04

cheesy break up pop song

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 2nd, 2010 · 07:17 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Only cheese about it is the drums. sounds like you used some old 80s cassio keybaord. I liked the layered vocals and the idea of the message. Is this still in the works because quite a long drum solo at the end with no humph.
#3April 2nd, 2010 · 08:33 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I like a lot about this song but the massive outtro.. that drum bit takes way too long. you should've edited it out.. that's just for starters! there's a whole lot of issues in the recording quality BUT the end effect is that it sounds decent (not disturbing enough to turn it off) and it's even catchy. I love breaking up mind.. I don't believe in relationships but you have to engage in one to be able to break up. So in that regard ya getting good marks! cheers!
#4April 3rd, 2010 · 07:53 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Thanks
Thanks for the compliments/critiques. You are right the song is still in the works. The drums and recording in general are horrible. The ending drum is not actually part of the song and I guess I was being lazy by not cutting it out. I'm still trying to figure out how to transition from the bridge back into the chorus. Any ideas?
#5April 3rd, 2010 · 08:48 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the votes!!
#6April 4th, 2010 · 07:19 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Thanks
brider1977 wrote…
Thanks for the compliments/critiques. You are right the song is still in the works. The drums and recording in general are horrible. The ending drum is not actually part of the song and I guess I was being lazy by not cutting it out. I'm still trying to figure out how to transition from the bridge back into the chorus. Any ideas?

You could repeat the end a couple of more times, or add a solo then finish the same.

The reverb is not balanced, suggest you lower the reverb on the vox and raise the rest, listen to the tracks separately and adjust the reverb so that you hear just kick-in, that is a general rule that works for most.

The drums sound a bit light, do you have any other drum plug-ins/kits you could try?
#7April 8th, 2010 · 10:38 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the input Denis. I will have to try that out. I'm hoping to eventually  record my songs using a real drum kit.
#8April 17th, 2010 · 12:58 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
You know what? The song structure and idea is pretty good. You have some really catchy lines.
With a better production this would be a really good song, actually.
The drums should be made properly, for starters. Try to use EZ drummer. you can make your own patterns or use the ones that comes with its library.
re mixing the guitar would help a lot to give the song a fatter sound. Work on the panning.
I like the vocals; the idea is good. They just need some tweaking here and there.
I'll be expecting a new version of this. Looks promising.

> Iszil
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.