#1March 30th, 2010 · 04:34 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Firewater

This song is not in a battle

My first 12 string guitar composition with a twist. I was going to add an electric guitar solo on the last 32 bar, cause I thought the key of  Eminor might be a bit tricky on the Sax, hence the key change, but to my surprise I quite liked the sax, although after expanding the stereo field, it sounds like there is too much ambience, so I might remix, or even get me ol' strat out and give 'er a sweet twang, been a long time since I got that baby out...lol

Happy Days

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 31st, 2010 · 07:08 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
the sound of your 12string is so crystal clear
I love the sound from 1:00 on. I would like to hear the same 12string intro part as an outro at the end.
The sax.... hmmm sound is ok, recording is ok, but one can hear how you are finding the notes while playing, that's not really professional. Think about a solo line first and then record it with proved notes. What about an organ solo with some spitting brasses filling up space?
Again, nice floating backing music.
#3March 31st, 2010 · 08:47 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
the sound of your 12string is so crystal clear
I love the sound from 1:00 on. I would like to hear the same 12string intro part as an outro at the end.
The sax.... hmmm sound is ok, recording is ok, but one can hear how you are finding the notes while playing, that's not really professional. Think about a solo line first and then record it with proved notes. What about an organ solo with some spitting brasses filling up space?
Again, nice floating backing music.

Yep, the sax definately needs to be done again, I hadn't played it in over two weeks, did not practice much before recording with it. I normally practice the scale for the song I'm going to record for a week, then play around with it, I don't normally plan a solo, hence if I've been practicing with it, I naturally play the notes as I feel the music, I don't like to work out a solo part, other wise it just sounds normal...lol.

Nice thought about ending the song the same as the intro, I could cheat and copy and paste it.....he he

Thanks for your constructive comments 
#4March 31st, 2010 · 03:13 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Firewater
Denis wrote…
My first 12 string guitar composition with a twist. I was going to add an electric guitar solo on the last 32 bar, cause I thought the key of  Eminor might be a bit tricky on the Sax, hence the key change, but to my surprise I quite liked the sax, although after expanding the stereo field, it sounds like there is too much ambience, so I might remix, or even get me ol' strat out and give 'er a sweet twang, been a long time since I got that baby out...lol

Happy Days

this is very good indeed ................... more

hungry fish
#5March 31st, 2010 · 07:17 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
I really dig that sax. Flows real well. Might I suggest though a little more 12string with the sax solo? Maybe have a battle between them. Not much just a tad here and there. Just an idea. Other than that I think your song did the job. Made me want a martini.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 12:29 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.