This song is not in a battle

I'm completely new :-/

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 30th, 2010 · 04:45 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Welcome to BandAMP!!

I love the consept of the song, would love if you worked on the vocals a bit more, get them a bit tigher, although you may have sung this after having a few pints of carlsberg special brew down at the ol' "Broken Hearts Bar"

Cheers
#3March 30th, 2010 · 04:59 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
Thanks Denis! 
#4April 2nd, 2010 · 07:31 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Always nice to see more people get involved with this site.

I agree with dennis that some vocs could be raised but then again it gives it a more real time live recording. Or Is that what you did? Was this actually done at a bar? If so then I say leave the vocs where their at but add in some odd noises of glasses and murmurring would be a nice touch. Reminded me of a band called "The Microphones." simular style. Over all still enjoyed it.

Solatcha!
#5April 10th, 2010 · 03:59 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
Thanks sword, actually, the noises were added to the original recording to get the bar feeling. I might try to mix this song again sometime.

Thank you MikeyDivine, and cheers
#6April 10th, 2010 · 10:09 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
although you may have sung this after having a few pints of carlsberg special brew down at the ol' "Broken Hearts Bar"

May be you should have a few beers down ya before you do the song...it might bring you into tune.
Nice idea and nice voices in there but just not on the same level...listen to each other...find the strongest....listen to each other independently...anything, just get in tune.
#7April 13th, 2010 · 12:16 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
Thank you kings, you#re right, we might redo the vocals someday later.
#8April 13th, 2010 · 01:37 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
cool idea for a song and welcome to the amp man!
lol...first thing i notice....the background kitchen sound....www.freesound.org eh? i used the same one a while back (in nothing i uploaded). awesome man!!

redo the vocals...this really reminds me of Joseph Arthur. if you havent heard of him check him out.

welcome to the amp and keep going!
#9April 13th, 2010 · 04:30 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
Thanks for your kind words, TheKunadiun! I used the background sound from a site for audio book production, except for the "Booo!" at the end :P
Thanks for your recommendations, too! Let me hear what you're doing
Have a nice day my friend.
#10January 17th, 2011 · 09:27 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
The Broken Hearts Bar
I like the chordal progression of this song. I think the harmony really detracts from the charm of the lyrics. The intonation is really off. You're also playing a harmonica in the wrong key for this song during the lead.
#11January 17th, 2011 · 10:27 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
Thank you krysbaker,
well it was probably wrong to do the off intonation, we originally tried to make it sound a bit like a drunk pub act, but I got that critique from many people now. Maybe we'll need to re-record it someday... I only owned a cheap harmonica in C-Major back then, but one of us is going to invest in a professional one
Glad you like the lyrics and progression, though, and thanks for your help!
#12January 25th, 2011 · 09:19 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
30 posts
United States of America
Hi,

You mentioned you were going for that 'drunk pub' sort of thing - I think you nailed it. I actually really like the way this is - with that in mind.  It would be nice to hear the song re-recorded though as like an 'album version' that's cleaner and really lets the song come through without some of the distractions.

Good tune though!
Brian
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:51 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.