#1March 22nd, 2010 · 04:06 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
Germany
Electronic Sound

This song is not in a battle

Hi, this is my very first project. I started recording music just a few weeks ago and I'm still learning the basics, so please tell me what you think and maybe how I could improve the sound.

I found this site through the FL Studio tutorials. I have seen just a few contributions but I already think that this community creates some very nice songs and I'm looking forward to maybe reach that level some day. I've got to get those melodies and beats out of my head

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 23rd, 2010 · 03:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Welcome to the AMP!!!!
Nice to see that our members got through to you via the Tutorials

Great stuff for your first project, the rhythm section has a nice flow and feel to it, so it's a good foundation to work on, you can jam all day long to it, see what else crops up.
#3March 23rd, 2010 · 06:05 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
Germany
Thank you for your comment!

I noticed that in the forums there is a focus on positive statements and that totally makes sense to me.
In my case though I would actually like it the other way around. Why? Because since I just started to make music I learn the most out of 'errors'. I put that word into quotes because it don't necessarily have to be errors to help me, but I hope you know what I mean.

Of course you might still tell me if you like something (for my motivation) but I hope it became obvious for what I'm aiming here.

Thanks!

BenSen
#4March 23rd, 2010 · 06:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
To improve the sound? not much I can add, it sound really good and your sounds are fine.
It's a nice happy tune.
It's a bit digital still bit it's your first project and that makes it excellent.
Some people just kind of take the right steps.....you'll learn to 'improve' when you get into your next project, and then you'll learn a bit more on the project after that...so keep on going...this song needs all kinds of shit but it's also perfect as it is   
#5March 25th, 2010 · 05:44 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
BenSen wrote…
Thank you for your comment!

I noticed that in the forums there is a focus on positive statements and that totally makes sense to me.
In my case though I would actually like it the other way around. Why? Because since I just started to make music I learn the most out of 'errors'. I put that word into quotes because it don't necessarily have to be errors to help me, but I hope you know what I mean.

Of course you might still tell me if you like something (for my motivation) but I hope it became obvious for what I'm aiming here.

Thanks!

BenSen

The best way to learn is to experiment as much as possible so you can get to know your equipment, with that knowledge and hands on experience, it will help create new ideas automatically. So as I said you've built the rhythm foundation, which is a good start, next step is to fill in the gaps, or simply work on the melody/lead with a VST/s that will sound good with what you already have. 
#6March 31st, 2010 · 12:54 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
Germany
Thanks, I will try that.
#7March 31st, 2010 · 01:22 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Electronic Sound
BenSen wrote…
Hi, this is my very first project. I started recording music just a few weeks ago and I'm still learning the basics, so please tell me what you think and maybe how I could improve the sound.

I found this site through the FL Studio tutorials. I have seen just a few contributions but I already think that this community creates some very nice songs and I'm looking forward to maybe reach that level some day. I've got to get those melodies and beats out of my head ;)

Welcome to the amp ............
This is a great start .....
More Please.......
HAPPY FISH
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.