#1March 22nd, 2010 · 01:10 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Slovakia
untitled 8
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 5 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-04

Last week was like two months long so this is a song about that last week.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 23rd, 2010 · 04:00 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice relaxing feel 
Nice effect on the lead, sort of sounds a bit like a sitar.

The levels are low and the there is quite a lot of hiss, which is a great shame as it would bring out more of the subtle dynamics of the song. Perhaps let us know your set-up so we can work on getting a better production.

Enjoyed it 
#3March 23rd, 2010 · 05:19 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Beautiful, it's just a shame about the production!

It's such a nice song it doesn't matter, but at the same time it matters even more .

A few out of tune notes/bends nearer the end, the dissonance following however was nice. I did not like how it ended with just an abrupt chord. Would of much preferred a fade out or just a sustain of notes/picked out chord.
#4March 24th, 2010 · 05:04 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Slovakia
First of all, thank you guys for your posts, really appreciate it.

to Denis:
The song was recorded on friend's guitar (squire strat) through and old laptop (with really bad sound card)
and software used was Guitar FX Box 2.6. That's all "set-up" I have used 
I really can't afford anything better. I would love to, but I'm just a poor student with no job at the moment.

to aar0j:
I usually end every song with fade out or sustained chord but this time I have tried this "abrupt" chord. Yes, I agree with you, fade out would be maybe better I assume.

Guys, I always like constructive criticism, so thank you. And I'm glad if you liked the song just a bit 
#5March 26th, 2010 · 05:27 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
31 posts
Germany
Quite nice! Obviously, you put a lot of feeling into this one.
The production quality doesn't only depend on the money you spend
for your equipment! Some EQs and Dynamics (even free software)
would cause a much better sound here. Everything sounds a bit too distant,
the levels are too low (even a simple normalization would help a bit).
I love the dissonance of the ending chord and i wouldn't say this chord is
a bad idea, but maybe you could "announce" this chord by using
this one or two dissonant tones in it just right before the chord.
You know, like "leading in" to the chord.
I think you didn't plan to have a song structure here, so....
Just call it "progressive" and everything is fine
Try to work on the sound and keep it up!
#6March 27th, 2010 · 08:43 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
dinoch wrote…
First of all, thank you guys for your posts, really appreciate it.

to Denis:
The song was recorded on friend's guitar (squire strat) through and old laptop (with really bad sound card)
and software used was Guitar FX Box 2.6. That's all "set-up" I have used 
I really can't afford anything better. I would love to, but I'm just a poor student with no job at the moment.

to aar0j:
I usually end every song with fade out or sustained chord but this time I have tried this "abrupt" chord. Yes, I agree with you, fade out would be maybe better I assume.

Guys, I always like constructive criticism, so thank you. And I'm glad if you liked the song just a bit  ;)

If you can send me the song recorded without editing the start and end, I'll get rid of most of the hiss/noise, raise the levels, it will sound MUCH beter. I use Adobe Audition 1.5 to master recordings.
denis.ahmet@gmail.com
#7March 28th, 2010 · 04:55 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
It's a sweet ambient tune, but it also sounds a bit timid - ofcourse it has to be played subtly, and the rig you are using isn't helping to create clarity,.. but still! I think a good practice is to re-record this idea a few times - each time after having let time pass with many listens to analyze what is good about it, then re-record to stress the essence.. listen back.. the re record a couple weeks later... so your sound will become more confident and specific in setting a mood.

Not sure if I make a whole lot of sense here... but just wanted to say
#8April 18th, 2010 · 01:55 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
It sounds pretty good not for a song but for a song's section. This would fit into a bigger piece like a bridge or intro or outro or whatever... you know what I mean.
Nice chords and lead. It was relaxing and emotive.

> Iszil
#9September 17th, 2010 · 02:41 PM
3 posts
Netherlands
small and beautiful
small and beautiful came to my mind when listening to this song. I love it. it's the essence of music.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:41 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.