3 threads / 3 songs
31 posts
Germany
Pale Grey
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-04

This one is a song i wrote a long time ago... then there was my friend Sammy,
who managed to write some lyrics and a singing voice for this one. Once we recorded
her singing, i began to work on the mix immediately - and it took me half a year
to finish it, because really had problems to figure out how i want this song to sound like,
which made me have a break of some month (i really have been on war with this song).
I know there will be many of you guys again saying "it's clipping, it's clipping!", but no,
really, i distort a lot of things.. the bass and even the drums (i love distorted drums).
By the way i hate to mix everything to the middle (of the frequency range)...
Oh, something else there... i know i used a lot of compression on this one, but i think
it really fits the song. What do you think? My songs don't sound like classic pop- or rock songs (on purpose!)... so please listen to it from an "indepentent point of view"

Hope you like it!

PS: I will upload the lyrics later...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 12th, 2010 · 07:44 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
cool track!

neat voice... imo opinion you should give her an echo fx, less reverberation.
the hi-hat sounds bit too midi synthetic, I don't know drummers who play like this. But it's in the freedom of the composer
apropos synthethic: awesome synth sound in the solo
#3March 12th, 2010 · 08:09 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
31 posts
Germany
thanks!
Thank you for your review!
Yes, obviously i didn't try to make the drums sound real or natural...
The synth in the "solo" is selfmade. I mean: i really built it with my hands and recorded it with a microphone... i'm glad you like the sound (which is only a rectangle-wave, though)... it works a bit like a theremin.
#4March 14th, 2010 · 06:26 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So youve been at war with this song? lol
I think you won anyway! Love how it starts.
You have a very independent sound, I do think the drum track takes it to and holds it at a higher level, because it's so 'electronic' it's a little 'unemotional' as compared to the vocalist who has a very emotional voice.
I do like your little solo and I'd actually love to hear more of it but again I'd be looking for a more human/ emotional sound from such a simple electronic wave.
#5March 16th, 2010 · 12:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah nice creativeness in this, I like it.

It's a nice song, well played and sung.

The only thing I personally would like to hear is some fat bass, I thnk it would sound GREAT  

NICE JOB 
#6March 23rd, 2010 · 04:31 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Lithuania
I'll agree with Denis - bass is too weak for this... But it's just a minor thing, the song is OK both in the way it's written and in the way it's produced...
#7April 3rd, 2010 · 04:29 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
tune
Well done. You've got a high voice Johnny.

Ken
#8April 18th, 2010 · 01:48 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
The sounds really good. Great quality; radio-sound quality. I can imagine this on the radio.
The voice is perfect for the song. It reminds me of Sheryl Crow.
This is not like the nowadays pop, which is crap... most of it. It's more like the pop from the '90, which is more elaborated and clever.
Great job.

> Iszil
#9April 19th, 2010 · 12:24 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
T'is truly awesome,

an original approach of music, some crossover style but mostly alternative wave/rock, the electronic side is cool but somehow I keep longing for maybe a more acoustic drum sound. I might side with kings on his comment, actually.

But... It is very catchy and top notch production value - Mostly the very well recorded female vox do the trick. Top ratings.

cheers!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 17th, 2024 · 10:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.