#1March 6th, 2010 · 11:36 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
new tune

This song is not in a battle

Here's a tune about the inevitable,growing old.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 7th, 2010 · 03:52 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Fun Tune, you can't beat a good bit of Rock & Roll to get your juices flowing.
The first solo sounds as though it's been played in the wrong key?
Would go nice in a  Rock & Roll Movie, about some old foggies still getting on down in a Rock & Roll town.
BIT LIKE ME....LOL
#3March 7th, 2010 · 08:35 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
the guitar IS in the wrong key!
#4March 7th, 2010 · 05:11 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
the guitar IS in the wrong key!

NICE NICE GROOVE
BUT
Yep ......... TK Is Right!!!

So what caused that???haha

Questioning fish??
#5March 10th, 2010 · 12:17 AM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
swordie-you see what caused this whole mess was global warming yeah that the ticket,no it was that at the moment of picking up my guitar to play along the whole planet actually shifted and threw my playing off key!!!DAMN IT Jim I'm an auto mechanic not a guitar player!!!LOL well any way despite the error on my part I'm glad you guys enjoyed the better part of the track,the part with the real musicians!!!HELP I"M  A MUSIC ILLITERATE CAN YOU SPARE THE CORRECT KEY
#6March 10th, 2010 · 05:01 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
you are playing a really really fantastic rock'n'roll guitar. You hit the right note at the beginning (A). But you cant develope the solo this rock'n'roll solo on this. We have some basic descriptions for chord progressions:

i.e.
your key is "A" let's name it "1 = Tonika", then the D chord is "4 = subdominante" and the E chord is "5 = dominante".
In this Rock'n Roll or Blues themes you always have these 1,4,5 progressions like 

1 1 1 1 | 4 4 4 4 | 1 1 1 1 | 1 1 1 1
4 4 4 4 | 4 4 4 4 | 1 1 1 1 | 1 1 1 1
5 5 5 5 | 4 4 4 4 | 1 1 1 1 | 5 5 5 5.

You can easyily swap the key:
1,4,5 = A,D,E
1,4,5 = C,F,G
1,4,5 = D,G,A
1,4,5 = F#,B,C#
etc.

What you did here was playing your solo on 4 instead of 1. If you now transpose your playing to 5 you are in the right key. In this case play your solo 7 halftones (= 5 in the scale) higher and start your solo on the high E. Then it fits.

Man this language sucks
#7March 10th, 2010 · 05:08 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Our member DTF once started a series of music theory, what I think is very theoretical but extremely helpful. Just click on the link below, It's all said there.

http://forum.bandamp.com/Music_Theory/22257.html

If you decide to read more please scroll down in our forum "Music Theory". I am sure you'll find everything you need.

And you can use the search function on our frontpage
#8March 10th, 2010 · 08:09 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
playing in the correct key
Thanks for the info T/K,very helpful.Of course I'm very green to music theory but I understand what your saying.Although it will be difficult to apply in my playing,simply because my ear is not very good,as you can tell w/the solo.My question is are the other pieces that I played correct,if I understand what your saying I played in the fifth position thru out the entire piece???
#9March 10th, 2010 · 08:19 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
How come the first solo sucks really bad but the second one is great?
I'm wondering how you made this song. You got some samples? You wrote it all?

> Iszil
#10March 10th, 2010 · 08:38 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
Iszil wrote…
How come the first solo sucks really bad but the second one is great?
I'm wondering how you made this song. You got some samples? You wrote it all?

LOL really loud-the reason the second solo is so great is because it is part of a track I down loaded from Web,The first solo is me out of key,I played the intro and the second guitar on the track you know the one thats out of time/tune lol I also played the ending solo,and I wrote the lyrics. And sang as best as I could,obviously I'm not a vocalist either.Anyway I post just for fun.I love music but I got the short end of the stick as far as musical genes go!!           > Iszil
#11March 10th, 2010 · 08:44 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
sorry,To answer your question the reason the second solo is great is because it is part of the track I down loaded from the web,the first one sucks because I played it lol I played the intro and the second guitar,and the last mini solo,regrettably I also sang ( I hate to admit that!) I did write the lyrics.Obviously I got the short end of the stick when it came to musical genes!!!!
#12March 11th, 2010 · 12:18 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Well, while you enjoy doing it it's all good. At least this was fun to listen.

> Iszil
#13March 11th, 2010 · 05:24 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
newmextex wrote…
I played the intro and the second guitar,and the last mini solo,regrettably I also sang ( I hate to admit that!) I did write the lyrics.Obviously I got the short end of the stick when it came to musical genes!!!!

Don't talk like that, man. Your voice is good, your rock'n roll playing is good.... it was just in the wrong key. All I wanted to say is: Do it again, submit it here and fill us up with joy and pride  
Can't wait, I mean it

btw. Do you have permissions to use the background track? If not simply put some line in your thread where it comes from and who owns the rights
#14March 11th, 2010 · 11:41 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
If you want to work out a key to a song, listen to the bass, then play it by ear on your guitar, from there you should be able to work out the key, unless the bass is playing something complicated or strange.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 12:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.