#1March 5th, 2010 · 02:21 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Chicken Chat

This song is not in a battle

Thought I'd try recording a few instruments inc  - Acoustic guitar, Electric Jazz Archtop guitar, Electric Bass, Flute, Soprano Sax AND last but not least Keyboards. Drums were produced with Ezdrummer, I used pre-set rhythms and simply changed some of the fill patters to suite, I particularly like the cymbals.

It was all recorded in a day, most of the parts were created in a day too, so it's not perfect, but as there is so much going on it hides some of my mistakes....lol

It's nice to get back into writing my own stuff again, for me creating and producing is the best part.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 5th, 2010 · 03:29 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Grt as usual
Love the feel Denis.... and  *Wow....  done in 1 day,,, is simply amazing..  Reminds me of an instrumental that one would hear for a popular 70s TV series... *grt jazzy feel my friend.... and put together so nicely especially with all those instruments. Really shows your talent for both writing and playing. A++++
~ Peace~
Fid  ;-)
#3March 6th, 2010 · 11:50 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
Love that jazzy feel,the drumming keeps it moving nicely.Nice harmonies.Great job.
#4March 7th, 2010 · 03:14 PM
18 threads / 18 songs
54 posts
Chile
wow i love the drums and the guitar sound is a beautiful song with a touch of smooth jazz, the melody is very good, I started to improvise on this song and the result is very good because the harmony is very entertaining.

Congratulations
#5March 7th, 2010 · 05:00 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Chicken Chat
Denis wrote…
Thought I'd try recording a few instruments inc  - Acoustic guitar, Electric Jazz Archtop guitar, Electric Bass, Flute, Soprano Sax AND last but not least Keyboards. Drums were produced with Ezdrummer, I used pre-set rhythms and simply changed some of the fill patters to suite, I particularly like the cymbals.

It was all recorded in a day, most of the parts were created in a day too, so it's not perfect, but as there is so much going on it hides some of my mistakes....lol

It's nice to get back into writing my own stuff again, for me creating and producing is the best part.

just getting better .......... love the jazz feel

cannonball fish
#6March 19th, 2010 · 06:47 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
29 posts
United States of America
Really nice!
This is well put together. I was surprised to read that it was done in one day. I like the easy listening jazz style. Your guitar skills are tremendously impressive.
#7March 22nd, 2010 · 03:03 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
Germany
Wow that sounds awesome and its very impressive that you made that within one day. Its very relaxing too
#8March 23rd, 2010 · 05:25 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
really nice mix Denis. It really sounds like most of the parts are being played live with one another as well.

Strange name for the song. It's what my old man has everytime we go out for a curry. :P

Only main critism I could give is maybe the lead guitar shouldn't be through out the whole song. Would of been nice with one or two sections without lead guitar.
#9March 23rd, 2010 · 06:00 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
aar0j wrote…
really nice mix Denis. It really sounds like most of the parts are being played live with one another as well.

Strange name for the song. It's what my old man has everytime we go out for a curry. :P

Only main critism I could give is maybe the lead guitar shouldn't be through out the whole song. Would of been nice with one or two sections without lead guitar.

Yeah... I recorded it after taking my family out to a Chinese restaurant (even though 'Chichen Chat' is indeed an Indian starter), celebrating my 50th birthday.  dRony is working on putting a vocal on it, it will be interesting how it turns out.
#10March 24th, 2010 · 08:11 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
111 songs??

Spammer!

Ohhh I'm not a mod anymore       

"It's nice to get back into writing my own stuff again, for me creating and producing is the best part."

Yes, that is pretty obvious! And you always make it sound really decent, and naught wrong with your instrumental mastery either.

So cheers, with a good rating
#11March 31st, 2010 · 02:19 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hi Denis. I actually listened to this a few days ago but something came up and I wasn't able to comment. I like this a lot. Very nice mix of instruments. Great recording as always with you. Nice Jazzy feel to this & a good music flow. It flows well. Nice work Denis

Nice rating
#12March 31st, 2010 · 03:06 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
This COOl.........
ONE DAY FAST STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ITS THE DENIS BIG BAND!!!!!

the whole thing just sounds like a great day away from the family!!!! haha!!!!
You enjoying Yourself!!!!!!

Dont you just wish the beach lapped up to your doorstep ........... while the golden sun set over the horizon .........and you sipped on a perfect pina colada ......... served by the missus (watching the match!!!)
as you recorded this!!!!!

Lovely

Fish
#13October 3rd, 2010 · 05:03 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You are your music and your music is you.....and this is ALL you.

Wonderful stuff.....The Denis Big Band says it all ! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 6:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.