371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
WYWH - Rendition - Collab
In collaboration with: SkunkApe

This song is not in a battle

Denis: 12-String Acoustic; 6-String Acoustic; Bass
SkunkAPE: Vox; Acoustic Drums; Harp

Enjoyed collaborating with Skunk on this, may do another mix, but I think it sounds pretty good as it is.
God I'm really pleased with my new 12-string acoustic.
GREAT to have real acoustic drums, Skunk did amazingly well considering it was just a two mic job (***EDIT** Sorry my mistake see Skunks post below).
Hmm I've always wanted to do PINK FLOYD rendition album, I'm gonna see Australian PINK FLOYD at the 02 in London on the 29th April, they are supposed to be really good.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 1st, 2010 · 09:04 AM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Just want to clarify,  drums were actually recorded using a 5 piece Sampson Drum Kit Mike Set snare, 2 toms, bass, side drum,  2 Sampson live mics on the snare/hi hat/ crash, and 1 MXL condensor for the overhead. Everything was run through a mixer and recorded as a single track in Stereo with different drums split L and R to enable some post-recording mixing/effecting essentially producing 2 tracks but not 2 mics. This has been a fun colaboration with some fun expermental sounds and styles.  I think we kind of made it our own......Skunk
#3March 1st, 2010 · 09:17 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SkunkApe wrote…
Just want to clarify,  drums were actually recorded using a 5 piece Sampson Drum Kit Mike Set snare, 2 toms, bass, side drum,  2 Sampson live mics on the snare/hi hat/ crash, and 1 MXL condensor for the overhead. Everything was run through a mixer and recorded as a single track in Stereo with different drums split L and R to enable some post-recording mixing/effecting essentially producing 2 tracks but not 2 mics. This has been a fun colaboration with some fun expermental sounds and styles.  I think we kind of made it our own......Skunk

Cool........... I was wondering about that, still you did a great job recording the drums, You would have got to get the mix right from the start, hence mixing it down to a stereo track no going back. WELL DONE!!
YEAH I totally agree, we made it our OWN....
Great working with you, hope you like the final mix??
#4March 1st, 2010 · 03:59 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Holy cow guys this is awesome! I as well have always wanted to do a Pink Floyd cover album type thing.
Yeah I saw the australian pink floyd show last year and it was freaking amazing. Youll love it denis.
Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. This is really really good.

Great sounds on all the instruments. excellent job and excellent song!!
#5March 2nd, 2010 · 04:46 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Thanks Kunadiun.  Yeah loads of fun.  I think collaborations are awsome on BandAmp.  A really unique way of playing music.  It'd be a great idea to start some kind of audio threads tribute section for collaborations.  Like maybe have a Pink Floyd category, The Beatles category, Led Zeppelin category etc. then people could start audio threads for their favorite song and others could add their part(s)  and then add it to say another area on BandAmp for view then add someone could add yet another part tagged with "needs bass" or Needs vocals" etc. Or it could be re-posted in a "finished song" area. Think what the songs would be like in a year or two.  Dozens of different versions of a song built by Ampers.  Just a thought.......Skunk
#6March 2nd, 2010 · 04:51 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
thats a great idea. id be in the pink floyd category allll freaking day lol
#7October 8th, 2010 · 06:35 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
SkunkApe wrote…
Thanks Kunadiun.  Yeah loads of fun.  I think collaborations are awsome on BandAmp.  A really unique way of playing music.  It'd be a great idea to start some kind of audio threads tribute section for collaborations.  Like maybe have a Pink Floyd category, The Beatles category, Led Zeppelin category etc. then people could start audio threads for their favorite song and others could add their part(s)  and then add it to say another area on BandAmp for view then add someone could add yet another part tagged with "needs bass" or Needs vocals" etc. Or it could be re-posted in a "finished song" area. Think what the songs would be like in a year or two.  Dozens of different versions of a song built by Ampers.  Just a thought.......Skunk
Very good.
Yes these collabs are excellent. This collab is particularity excellent.

I'd missed it the first time round, and I missed it on my cover search because the word 'cover' is not written on the page !

Some very good ideas there Skunk . I'd love to categorize the whole site for easier access to the music.
It is something members could just do, if they have part of a cover or a few tracks, offer it up in the audio review but name it something particularly noticeable : Led Zep - Stairway to Heaven (cover) - needs vocal and bass.
Getting God to make a collab category / function / page is another matter.....we'd probably have to show him what good members we are at collaborating with each other...?!!?   
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.