1,540 posts
Chile
Lost Path
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 9 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-03

Final version!
Worked hard on this one.
I know the sound is not 100% professional, but it's a home production and I'm pretty proud of the result.
It's a long song ( 9 minutes) but I think it worth to listen to its different sections.
Any comment is welcome!

Lyrics:

Now it's time to walk away
Let the weak and fearful stay
Don't let yourself turn back
Your are not the coward of the stack

Feel the strength inside you grow
Bind your body to it all
Your're not a normal man
And you can feel it in this land

Now I look back to what I've done
And I can't understand
What mistake destroyed my land

But I can see it's in my hands
To amend this dreadful yarn
Now the time run it's own plan

> Iszil

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 20th, 2010 · 12:04 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
WELCOME TO THE ISZIL ROCK OPERA

Man you have worked your but with this Rock Epic!!

I'd have to listen to it twenty odd times to appriciate it more, Which I will do and review again.

I love the vocal line "You're not a Normal man, and you can feel it in this Land", so much character, Excellent

Anyway, the songwriting and arranging are tops, very well played,

ROCK ON
#3February 20th, 2010 · 12:15 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Now that you added the vocals.....

....WOOOOW!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>> playlist!!!!

rock on, dude!

See, JBP made it... it's your turn now
#4February 20th, 2010 · 12:34 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I guess you proved me wrong, the vocals really did add something to this. This is really impressive and well done. I didn't listen to the whole thing, but what I heard was pretty good. Good work 
#5February 20th, 2010 · 01:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The AMP Vol I
If there is enough space on the Album, would you rather have this track than' Mental Trap', I'm still waiting on two more members to get back to me, deadline is Sunday 9am GMT, So far Swordie is favorite to have his song included if the two members I'm waiting on do not respond, so long as Swordies song isn't too large, it should all fit - XX fingers.

Let me know
#6February 20th, 2010 · 01:59 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Yeah, this song in the album would be cool. Of course, just if you have enough space, because is a long song, as well.
Gonna start uploading to a host meanwhile.
Thank you for the comments guy.
I forgot to mention that the words were inspired in "Lost", the tele show. Specially in a specific character. I've you have watched it then you will realize who.

> Iszil
#7February 20th, 2010 · 03:44 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
excellent..I love the different riffs used through out this song.. very tasty writing.  nice use of effects.  very interesting chord changes.  kind of reminds me of Yes musically,  love the guitar tones your getting.  cool solos.  your writing skills are excellent!

Some spots remind me of Deep Purple in the early days. Maybe even some Rush and Genesis.. very 70's progressive feel to it.
#8February 20th, 2010 · 05:12 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Epic is the word, very amazing piece of work.
I must agree totally with the 70's, Purple, Yes, 'Child in time' feel.
Some beautiful music in there.
For it to be a total Rock Opera in my book it needs more vocal, harmonies and screams maybe and an extra verse or chorus to fill it in the vocal expression.
Top marks just the same.
#9February 20th, 2010 · 05:28 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Holy cow this is epic.

The synth lead at 1:37 is awesome. It fits really well.

Everything in this is great. All of the changes keep it exciting.

I like the change at around 7:10 where it goes back to the original progression. The fast moving guitar line in the background is awesome.

Great composition. Great work.
#10February 20th, 2010 · 05:34 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Well, I never thought this as a rock opera, to be honest. This is just a progressive song. I'm not enough of a singer to make a rock opera... maybe one day I will, after I take singing lessons.
Thank you all for the feedback.
Oh, Taka, by the way, it's a fast moving synth in the end, not guitar.

> Iszil
#11February 20th, 2010 · 06:18 PM
18 threads / 18 songs
54 posts
Chile
Great Great Song. a great example of progressive rock.

Congratulations.
#12February 20th, 2010 · 10:14 PM
22 threads / 22 songs
64 posts
United States of America
dang!
This is sick shit bro! How do you record that distortion? Sounds very full. Thats one thing I struggle with. That guitar lead..again in the beginning.what is that? It sounds like a keyboard more to my ears. I'd say pink floyd-ish. Def some classic rock elements. The only thing I would say needs works is the actual guitars you play with. Sounds like it needs to be setup properly. Are you more of a keyboard guy? Other then that it's very good. I heard some of the others in the battle and it's pretty stock! ha Good job.
#13February 23rd, 2010 · 12:16 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
re: dang!
randygrv wrote…
This is sick shit bro! How do you record that distortion? Sounds very full. Thats one thing I struggle with. That guitar lead..again in the beginning.what is that? It sounds like a keyboard more to my ears. I'd say pink floyd-ish. Def some classic rock elements. The only thing I would say needs works is the actual guitars you play with. Sounds like it needs to be setup properly. Are you more of a keyboard guy? Other then that it's very good. I heard some of the others in the battle and it's pretty stock! ha Good job.

That (in bold) was kinda weird. And my setup is a Line 6 PODxt Live.
And I'm not a keyboard player. I just play a little. I wrote the scores here for the instruments, and just played the guitar and the bass and also did the singing.
Thanks for the comments.

> Iszil
#14February 23rd, 2010 · 02:15 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
holy cow man this is really freaking awesome!!! you've completed it excellently. the vocals totally fit. you have wrote an amazing truly epic composition that reminds me of yes, rush, pink floyd, porcupine tree, deep purple, and genesis.
This freaking ROCKS

You've created a fantastic epic packed with feeling. ace job.

#15March 19th, 2010 · 08:14 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Cool
Wow that is really unique. I'm glad to hear someone try something different without boundries. Good Job.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 6:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.