#1February 18th, 2010 · 01:25 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
31 posts
Germany
Does It Need A Name
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 5 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-03

This one is a new song from my music project "Naked Toes".
Bettina, a friend of mine, turned out to have the perfect voice
for this song...
The lyrics came into my head because of some personal experiences,
the result is a song which sounds quite "amusing", but with a serious topic.
I think this is my first song without any guitars - wanted to try something new.
Well, i hope you like it!

LYRICS:

[verse1]
glamourize what it was like
the last time - maybe we should tame
the wild in it to choke the fight
choke to make it feel the same
the same   same  same   same
    same   same  same   same
fear the blizzard, call it rain
and cheat your heart for a safer game

[chorus]
does it need a name?   
does it need a name? no.
don't you dare to tame this
and destroy it with a name!
does it need a name?
i say does it need a name? oh,
could you stand the blame?
does it need a name?

[verse2]
you know "A" and you know "C"
but we match "B" - i bet - you'll see
i need you to believe in me
that this way is the way to be
to be   be   be   be
   be   be   be   be
jump into the coldest sea
have the heart to face reality

[chorus again]

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 18th, 2010 · 11:20 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
29 posts
United States of America
It Good
The song is good for me; However, I noticed a changed in the equalization when the vocal stopped. It altered my atmosphere and caused me to have to adjust my mood.
#3February 18th, 2010 · 11:50 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
organ and bass are both clipping very badly. Turn down the volume on the entire mix. Avoid compression entirely.

Interesting tones nevertheless. The singing isn't bad either. The melodic line fits well with the chord structure.
#4February 19th, 2010 · 01:12 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
You know what? I really enjoyed this.
Apart from the clippings (not much, but they are still there) the sound quality is really good. The whole sound is kinda vintage (that word has shown up a lot lately) and really strong. The mixing is fine for me.
What I'd do, to give this more dynamism, is in the last chorus (2:04) start with some strings or synth or something in the background to give it more power and a "fatter" sound. That would make a huge ending.
For me this is like a of Amy Whinehouse mixed with Lady Gaga. Pretty cool pop, indeed!

> Iszil
#5February 19th, 2010 · 07:04 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
31 posts
Germany
hmm... actually i'm quite surprised you say it is clipping.
well, i used some distortion on the organ and the bass is not only the soft
"finger bass"-thing but also a bit of saw-oscillator-bass (maybe this is why it sounds like clipping).
i know i really used A LOT of compression... this song is quite "beaty", i think, and not too full
of different instruments - so i tried to make it sound as powerful as possible with the compression.
"Avoid compression entirely." ?? Are you joking?!

Anyways, thank you for your comments and tipps! I will check out the "clipping" problem again - i listened to this song on many different speakers and stereos etc... i couldnt find any unwanted clipping (i mean except for the distortion on the organ, which is there totally on purpose). Thanks for help!
#6February 19th, 2010 · 04:56 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Not so much clipping just the sound of the organ, it does sound a bit harsh to be honest.
Do you have a Tube Patch or Tube compression, It might warm it up nice, worth having a go.
Or Try a different distortion effect?

Yeah I like that you have kept it minimal,

Groovy Vox 
#7February 19th, 2010 · 09:36 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Appealing melody line and lead vocal.
Like the edgy organ and personally don't mind the damaged overdrived on the track gives the song a nice gritty feel as well as melodic , am a sucker for that combination. Agree with denis a little valve plugin warm od could be good tho.
And the change in EQ vox thing , once again ...I like it as it moves the mood and provides color shift.
Like also general sparse mix allows for key elements to shine.

Thanks 4 posting look forward to hearing more .
yy

#8February 24th, 2010 · 02:12 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I like it  a lot.. some tech issues but nothing that bothered me.. only thing I heard was  and this is nothing more than  my personal taste,, in the chorus the fourth vocal line (end of chorus phrase) should go to higher notes with some power, because it comes down it gives the first line a more powerful sound.. and then it comes to the 4th vocal line and end of chorus .. it goes downward and doesn't resolve with nearly the power it could have.. That is just a personal taste ..Something I heard.. I listened to it several times.. It just has the feel of  ,,,its good ... it could be so much more though.

Imho this could really kick @#$.  have the singer go back and sing over the chorus lines with some vocal acrobatic lines on top.   mho only though. not taking anything away from the song.
#9February 26th, 2010 · 05:23 PM
18 threads / 18 songs
54 posts
Chile
very powerful song and the voice is very sexy, bass sounds a bit saturated, but is a very good song.
#10March 22nd, 2010 · 01:08 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Slovakia
nice vocals, I like the melody too, thumbs up
should be played in radio :-)
#11March 22nd, 2010 · 02:53 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
Germany
totally agree! for me thats just a really nice song.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:05 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.