United States of America
Not for the faint of heart
My mistake! There are two "bad" woids.
#3February 18th, 2010 · 04:29 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Vote for this song...
I know it is very different than what y'all might be use to but that can easily be a good thing. Remember what happened with Elvis, not that this sounds like Elvis or anything.
I put this up to open minds to new presentations. If you are looking for a cutting edge sound this may be the NEXT step.
#4February 19th, 2010 · 01:26 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
You know what I think of what you do.
However, I enjoyed the music. Didn't pay attention to the words; we don't review storytellers here... not me, at least.

> Iszil
#5February 19th, 2010 · 09:32 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
'Storytellers'
Iszil wrote…
However, I enjoyed the music. Didn't pay attention to the words; we don't review storytellers here... not me, at least.

> Iszil

You do know there's a such thing as spoken word music...right? Your ''we don't review storytellers here'' sounds sort of unwelcoming. We review everything here...atleast I do. But, anyway...nice song, could use a bit of volume.
#6February 19th, 2010 · 11:22 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
re: 'Storytellers'
fais54 wrote…
Iszil wrote…

> Iszil

You do know there's a such thing as spoken word music...right? Your ''we don't review storytellers here'' sounds sort of unwelcoming. We review everything here...at least I do. But, anyway...nice song, could use a bit of volume.

Yeah, I guess that sounded a bit rude.
Let me put it this way: I want to review the music here but then, if that music is some background improvisations with a guy talking all the time there is not much change of any rating or an objective review about this piece.
I said it before, I hone-sly have no idea what to say here, because, anyway, it doesn't sound like something on the cutting edge or totally new. Sounds more like some comedians I've seen on the tele. Actually, he defines it as a comedy piece.
This is now "unwelcoming" at all. I'm still expecting for a "traditional" jazz song here. I can tell by this improvisations that you are a pro on jazz. Just show us properly... or more "traditionally".

> Iszil
#7February 19th, 2010 · 08:04 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea Storyteller
I like this
Cheers for clarifying the volume fais, I've been having problems with mine, so I wasnt too sure.
Ok having heard it all I still like the style, the storyteller and jazz, cool, and you have the voice that does it well, but the story is lame....like Iz says it's improvised......China and all that ? ... give us your purse .... ?
Give us a story...!

I actually listened this afternoon to the beginning seeing you had posted, because I remembered I loved some of your other stuff.
#8February 24th, 2010 · 02:01 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I liked the guitar work in this..
#9March 19th, 2012 · 08:46 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Something that Iszil said brings an important question into play with songwriting. When is singing not singing but speaking? Arnold Shoenberg Wrote songs that sounded like speaking and that was his goal; Shprechtstimmer I believe. Also there is the question as to where singing originated. Did singing originate from the imitation of natural sounds like birds or did it imitate speaking or was it a combination of these things.
It is kind of like claiming that something is not music because it does not follow some dogma created by theorists.
This is actually sung. The vocal part was improvised but it was sung. I know because I sang it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.