#1February 12th, 2010 · 08:13 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
RIVER MINE V2

This song is not in a battle

Thanks to Ampers for their reviews of version 1.  I played and recorded a live drum track in a new space I set up for my drum set. The old space was way too big and got too much echo so I've been using pre-recorded drum track loops which I did not like doing.  After recording the drums listening to just bass and rhythm guitar tracks, some of the lead guitar licks and the solo was out ouf sync or phrase so I had to re record them too. Then I ended up re recording the ryhthm guitar track too.  I think everythings fixed now. Hope you like the changes.  Let me know...Thanks...SkunkApe

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 14th, 2010 · 03:49 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
please review
Hello...I worked hard on this song....review please!!!
#3February 14th, 2010 · 04:13 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
k...

I would like to hear the solo guitar with a harmonizer fx. such thing which makes an octave sound...

the drums sound very realistic but could get more of this bong thing... the vocals have it... hmm

good ole rock... congrats
#4February 14th, 2010 · 04:55 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Sounds really nice now. Quite vintage, something I love in this kind of music.
The guitar solo was really good and your voice sounds perfect too.
Good job.

> Iszil
#5February 14th, 2010 · 11:58 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I like it .. it has a vintage music feel and sound to it.  Your voice fits it nicely.  It's hard to get a great drum sound , takes a bit of work.  They still could use just a bit more punch.. but overall it's very good.
#6February 15th, 2010 · 02:29 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Everything I said in my last review, but the drums are a lot better this time around. So, when are we going to hear this album??
#7February 16th, 2010 · 02:41 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
It's a great song Skunk, well performed

I think the vox need to come up just a little in the mix so they are in front.

Yeah drums take a lot of experimentation for recording, there are some tutorials on the NET, don't know if they work, I remember seeing one which was specifically for home recording, If I find I'll send you a link.
Your room acoustics I believe are essential thing to look at, If I'm not mistaken tall ceilings help, I'm no expert with drums.

May be worth trying drum software to compare like V1, I use EzDrummer, there is a vintage kit version, would suite your style.
#8April 2nd, 2010 · 01:47 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Some errr.. "fanboy"'s post in The Pit triggered me to check out your music. I did hear the Neil Young parody before, must say it sounded pretty decent but personally I'm totally not into parody music. With all respect to Weird Al, but that doesn't do anything for me.

I can certainly hear in this tune here that you've been listening to Neil Young a lot. It's in your voice, the dragging rock style, the energy that comes vibrating off of it. But it is also your original work. I must listen to more of your stuff, it seems really decent.

So composition wise this rocks pretty good yeah, top marks on that, production wise it is really really decent, but there's still room for improvement. Can't go into detail about that now - I'm but a shoddy sound engineer myself - let met put it a 85/100 on production. Which is pretty good really.

anyway cheers and keep up the good work!
#9April 2nd, 2010 · 08:55 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: RIVER MINE V2
I think I hear the twang of ''FOG ON THE .....''
Only me gets it though!!!

Neil Young ?.... perhaps
Alan Hull .....definitely

If the sun is shining where you are ......

Its mostly doing the opposite here on your River!!! and its freezing cold again!!
      fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 1:13 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.