#1July 22nd, 2005 · 01:18 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Wicker Bracelet
Score: 53.7%
Battle: 2005-08

This is just a little song that I was working on for my upcoming album. I decided to go for a lo-fi style with the song and record both guitar lines with an acoustic guitar. From there, I put in just a small bit of effects - the rhythm line just has an equalizer on it while the melody line has a wah-tone to it. The drums were done with a decent drum machine and from there, I just added the vocals with some reverb and delay. Oh, and the funny sounding noise at the start of the song was my lipring against the mic incase anyone is wondering. I thought it might add to the ambient sound of the song. The vocals need a bit of work in some parts, since they were a bit rushed in the record process, so forgive me for that.

Well, thanks in advance for your opinions.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 23rd, 2005 · 10:49 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Nice song. Loved the words! Might want to turn some of the effects down a little bit, but that's just my opinion!
#3July 24th, 2005 · 10:47 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Very artistic, with interesting use of effects particularly the (auto?) panning of the vocals although they were a little ropey in places. I enjoyed that!
#4July 24th, 2005 · 09:07 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Thanks, mates. I do think that the vocal effects are a bit too strong. I'll turn them down in the final version.

shinaube - thanks - the song's about someone special in my life, and well, things along those lines are always interesting. :p

Dave - just a little curious, but what do you mean by ropey?

and thanks so much for the reviews. It means a lot.
#5July 25th, 2005 · 10:14 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Hey sorry man, was just intended to be constructive not an attack. The vocals just sounded a little off thats all - I suppose the effects had something to do with that, though. Like I said, an interesting and enjoyable composition.
#6July 27th, 2005 · 02:54 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
United States of America
thats my boy!!!!
#7August 6th, 2005 · 12:23 PM
9 posts
United States of America
yeah, maybe turning down the voice effects would be better. i like the lyrics, guitar, drum is pretty good, and i thought that the noise at the beginning was an accident, like you started recording too soon and didn't realize it, so thanks for the clarification and for a great song!
#8August 7th, 2005 · 02:15 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Can't really understand all the words. Love the panning effect! Maybe a little too creative sonically, as far as making the melodic content come through
#9August 8th, 2005 · 12:54 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
The wah is almost to much wah. But its got a good sound.
#10August 11th, 2005 · 07:03 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
very experimental. It always brings a smile to my face when someone surprises me -- it's hard to do anything even remotely original anymore Hell, my own stuff mostly sounds like a hundred other songs rehashed. So even though I can't say I LOVED this song (not really up my alley), I gave it 70%-Good, because it deserved it.

Way to go man
#11August 25th, 2005 · 07:41 PM
14 threads / 12 songs
76 posts
Indonesia
you're very brave at messing with the sound...good job...
#12August 27th, 2005 · 10:18 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
40 posts
United Kingdom
Quite gd but it kind of needs something. And definatley needs remixing.
#13August 28th, 2005 · 08:17 PM
3 posts
Switzerland
too many effects, but it sounds good
#14August 29th, 2005 · 12:01 AM
11 threads / 9 songs
37 posts
Ireland
re: Wicker Bracelet
Allo, Scott from Ireland here

Just listened to the track ,Wicker Bracelet, a few times and said id send you a quick review.

I definitely thought the lo-fi vibe was a cool idea. Simplicity being the key indeed.
A bit of advice would be to nail the melody on your guitar and then sing it in to make sure your always on key. I get the same vibes from recording my own material and i sometimes go off key with the vocals. The thing is these days with tech you can re-do vocals a million times before you settle on the final take, however you wont get a good vocal take unless your part is solid, like guitar lines you cant play em if you havent practiced 'em.

Last bit of advice would be turn the vocals up in the mix and the ambient type guitars down. I like the melody idea a lot and think it deserves to be pronounced on the song. If you do a patch up job on the tune let me know, I'd like to hear it

Hope it helps

Scott
#15August 30th, 2005 · 04:33 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
Wickerd
The guitars are really good, but some of those synth sounds are a bit sketchy. Quite well recorded.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 12:00 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.