#1February 6th, 2010 · 10:46 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Get It On (cover)

This song is not in a battle

Kingdom Come's classic rocker song.
Recorded and played all the instruments here... in my room... with my $2 PC microphone.
Any comments and feedback to make this sound better is welcome, although I'm not gonna put to much thought on this as it was a 4-hours-project and just something for fun.

> Iszil

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 7th, 2010 · 05:40 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
GREAT ENERGY!!!!
Superb for a recording in only 4 hours

Guitar & Vox are vibrant, almost feel as it's live. Is that you on the drums, Wow!!
The ENDING is ACE!!!!!!!!

More FUN projects like this Is
#3February 7th, 2010 · 04:24 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
4 hours well spent
Whoa Isz
 chunky and hey you're vocal is cutting ^ getting down and dirty,I don't know if you do them but ....some .breathing exercises to help get those "Little Robert Anthony"high notes burn just a little brighter with sustain.
Cause The tone is right there.Keep at it with those vox.
True believer here
Drums very good.
Great job and the guit is smoking.

Hasn't stopped raining here in a week......so much for the drought       
#4February 7th, 2010 · 04:29 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Fantastic work on this cover!

Fat drums, and a brilliant guitar. Ok the voice... YES!

All in all a great production .....

A rockin' explosion at the end of this record... WOW
#5February 7th, 2010 · 11:51 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Iz.. When I first joined band amp.. you were smokin and writing some fantastic music.. imho you have matured well.. you playing is smooth , precise, and not overdone.   Imho you've become a top end player and your ear is becoming so well developed.  I've always been impressed.. You just keep stepping up another step on the ladder to greatness.
#6February 8th, 2010 · 12:06 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Thank you for the comments.
I just found out that this is the type of voice suitable for me. I'll try to take some singing lessons or maybe try to get some useful tips from the internet. If you guys know anything about this let me now.
Must add that the singing was done in two takes and just had to make a second one because the first one had some saturations due to the poor quality of my mic.
Greg, about your review, I feel really flattered but honestly I didn't do much here. It's just a cover and I played like the original so it's not much work from me. But thanks anyway. I'll try to record something of my own composition anytime soon., although I focus most of it on my band.

> Iszil
#7February 8th, 2010 · 05:23 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
That's kind of what I meant.. you played the music. not concerned with anything other than that.  That to me is the maturity of it. You played a song and you did it well.  No over the top guitar antics.  just setting in playing the groove.  That's what makes a song work.
#8February 8th, 2010 · 05:33 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
Thank you for the comments.
I just found out that this is the type of voice suitable for me. I'll try to take some singing lessons or maybe try to get some useful tips from the internet. If you guys know anything about this let me now.
Must add that the singing was done in two takes and just had to make a second one because the first one had some saturations due to the poor quality of my mic.
Greg, about your review, I feel really flattered but honestly I didn't do much here. It's just a cover and I played like the original so it's not much work from me. But thanks anyway. I'll try to record something of my own composition anytime soon., although I focus most of it on my band.

> Iszil

What ever you did to create the energy for this cover, simply do it again Is, OK so the vox was off in some places, but because the energy is there it still sounds good, hope that makes sence, plus it was only the second take
VOX TIP: When you are reaching for those really high notes, open your mouth wider, it works like magic, thats if you are not doing so already......lol
#9February 19th, 2010 · 09:26 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Good cover Iz... like the vox.  Playing all fine.
Sounds like a live recording!

With the way you sing, how about trying a Led Zep cover?  Houses of the Holy... Achilles Last Stand?
Only a thought
Cheers
Jim A
#10October 7th, 2010 · 05:32 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Not bad for a  4-hrs-project , Mr. Iszil Plant & Mr.Jimmy Iszil   

Maybe I might begin to love covers ????    ts ts ts ts
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:24 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.