#1February 4th, 2010 · 08:46 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
RIVER MINE

This song is not in a battle

Written some time ago a simple acoustic guitar/vocal song I decided to go ahead and recorded it with all the trimmings.  This upload is dedicated to Swordfish for his support and for sending me a pic of the mighty SAFC Stadium of Light.
Enjoy!!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 4th, 2010 · 10:16 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Before any Brits, Mackems, Geordies or Geography Experts notice, I know Roker Pier is on the River Wear not the River Tyne but I used to fish from Roker Pier and I wanted to mention it in the song. 
#3February 5th, 2010 · 02:13 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
NiCE
Great work man. this is really catchy and I really enjoyed the listen.
Seriously, pretty awesome feeling you manage to catch there with your voice!

I'm fascinated by your.. what should I say, "american-voice". (hmm, sounds like I'm some sick worshiper of your country but hey, maybe a little, after all, I'm Swedish so yeah, America seems awesome.) Anyway it's really cool, and when you commented on one of My songs, we talked about recording vocals and blabla, throw me a secret tip on how you record now would you?:P this sounds professional to me.

keep 'em coming

....wow was it almost 6 min? didn't feel like that at all, that's a good sign.

//adam
#4February 5th, 2010 · 07:30 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
re: NiCE
heartxposure wrote…
Great work man. this is really catchy and I really enjoyed the listen.
Seriously, pretty awesome feeling you manage to catch there with your voice!

I'm fascinated by your.. what should I say, "american-voice". (hmm, sounds like I'm some sick worshiper of your country but hey, maybe a little, after all, I'm Swedish so yeah, America seems awesome.) Anyway it's really cool, and when you commented on one of My songs, we talked about recording vocals and blabla, throw me a secret tip on how you record now would you?:P this sounds professional to me.

keep 'em coming

....wow was it almost 6 min? didn't feel like that at all, that's a good sign.

//adam

Hey thanks for the review. It's funny that you mentioned the "American Voice" since Im originally from North East England.  Guess Ive lost most of my accent, either that or a lot of Brits sound American when they sing.
#5February 5th, 2010 · 09:07 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
wow I really like this.  love the laid back feel/chord progressions.  Kind of reminds me of early Pink Floyd, with some Paul Revere And The Raiders thrown in.
#6February 6th, 2010 · 07:42 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
wow I really like this.  love the laid back feel/chord progressions.  Kind of reminds me of early Pink Floyd, with some Paul Revere And The Raiders thrown in.

I think you guys would collaborate well together, hence similar style and feel.

Nice song BTW
#7February 6th, 2010 · 08:24 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
brilliant road rock composition, but drums need to be played more naturally

what a voice!
#8February 6th, 2010 · 07:56 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: REALITY CHECK!!!! :)
SkunkApe wrote…
Written some time ago a simple acoustic guitar/vocal song I decided to go ahead and recorded it with all the trimmings.  This upload is dedicated to Swordfish for his support and for sending me a pic of the mighty SAFC Stadium of Light.
Enjoy!!

My god !!!!! u need to get home ....................Tyne/Wear ........

Ok Tyne!!!www.picturesofengland.com/img/L/1028634.jpg">
on a rough day

ROKER ON A ROUGH DAY
www.deviantart.com/download/97948750/Roker_lighthouse_5_by_jonboy247.jpg">

MEMORIES......

BUT DONT BOTHER!!!!!! ITS STILL VERY POOR............!
AND THE WEATHER IS MOSTLY CRAP!!!!

And The Footy aint much better!!!!

HA HA Geordie Fish!!!!!!

from the banks of the Wear (Old Durham Town)
#9February 7th, 2010 · 04:35 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Really enjoying this authentic treatment.
Like to hear your vocal just up front a little more , personal taste but you've got very cool vocal and the lyric is  picture painting . Fishing ...from the pier .
Catfish gators and turtles.
Nice guitars .
Thank you for posting SA.
YY

#10February 7th, 2010 · 05:21 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
It sounds like a renewed CCR mixed with Neil Young. Not big fan of the american folk sound but must admit this sounds really good.
You vocals sound like a mix between Gilmour and Fogerty.
Agree about the drums; they must sound more natural. Either work more on the patterns you have or get a real drummer to record them.
Good job.

> Iszil
#11February 7th, 2010 · 07:18 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Best vocal production I've heard from you so far. Very nice mixing. Great vox as usual, nice guitars, to my ears the drums sound fine - but others may think differently.
#12February 7th, 2010 · 08:48 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Hey guys Thanks for the reviews.  I just got a new acoustically improved space set up for my drum set and will record a real drum track for this song and some others. The old space was just too open and the set did not record well so I started using loops. Vocals sound better on this track thanks to tips and input from ampers-no reverb or any fx.  Just dry track stereo split. Thanks again for the input...Skunk
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 2:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.