#1February 3rd, 2010 · 09:57 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
St Thomas/sax - Rendition

This song is not in a battle

Added Sax, re-did the lead guitar, raised the upper mids to drums.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 3rd, 2010 · 04:22 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
The recording is brilliant! Really nice job! Drums maybe are a little too quiet? I'm not sure though, I'm bad at mixing as it is and I don't do anything in this style!
#3February 4th, 2010 · 10:13 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Petermoncrieff wrote…
The recording is brilliant! Really nice job! Drums maybe are a little too quiet? I'm not sure though, I'm bad at mixing as it is and I don't do anything in this style!

Your ears are good, I'm not happy with the Drums yet, some of the samples are OK, like the ones at the end, that happen to be louder. I need to look at all the samples I used, change the velocity and drum patters, although they are samples, I can change them via FL8. Other than that I'm quite happy with it, would be interested to hear other views from members.

Cheers
#4February 4th, 2010 · 05:34 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Great!
The sound quality is amazing, as usual; crispy and crystal clear.
About the drums, I like them as their are now. Nothing bothering me at all. Maybe if I listened to it more times I'd change my mind, but as the first time everything sounds right.

> Iszil
#5February 19th, 2010 · 09:06 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Decent recording again Denis - as I would expect from you!
The playing is spot on - mixing is pretty close to being spot on.
But yes, the drums - they do let it down I think.  Too busy, and too messy in places - cymbals a little high in the mix.
I'm pretty confident that you'll be tinkering with this one until you're happy with it.
Are you using EZdrummer through FL on this?  Have you tried doing the same but with Cubase (I find I can edit the drum patterns slightly better that way).
Cheers
Jim A
#6February 19th, 2010 · 09:48 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Jiminuk wrote…
Decent recording again Denis - as I would expect from you!
The playing is spot on - mixing is pretty close to being spot on.
But yes, the drums - they do let it down I think.  Too busy, and too messy in places - cymbals a little high in the mix.
I'm pretty confident that you'll be tinkering with this one until you're happy with it.
Are you using EZdrummer through FL on this?  Have you tried doing the same but with Cubase (I find I can edit the drum patterns slightly better that way).
Cheers
Jim A
:)

Yeah I'm using FL, how is it better to edit Ezdrummer in Cubase.
The Jazz kit cymbals are not the best dare I say it, I prefer the cymbals for the Rock vintage kit, but the bass drum would be too heavy for Jazz, Hymm maybe they should create one big programme that incorporated all drum kits/cymbals.  Now that would be awesome, but it's never gonna happen cause they wont make as much dosh, unless they sold a lot more software as a result of it.

I'll listen to it again tonight, see if I can improve on it.

I think I have a copy of Cubase somewhere, I'll check it out

Thanks for the review. 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.