#1January 28th, 2010 · 01:39 AM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Inc - Lottery FinalMix01

This song is not in a battle

Okie here it is. Final mix or almost soooooo hopefully. No more major changes in tone or nething now.

Let me know what you think please

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 28th, 2010 · 07:56 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Never (NEVER!) give the guitar player control to the mixer faders...

Composition: 4/5
Lyrics: 3/5
Overall: 3/5
Concept: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Performance: 4/5
Production: 2/5

average 3/5 what do you expect !?

But do not give up composing and writing. You have big potential.
#3January 28th, 2010 · 10:52 AM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Hey! Do you mention that because guitars are way too high? I'll turn em down and turn bass up on both lottery and epilogue. I do have to ask why the 3/5 on lyrics concept and creativity?

What production advice could u provide?
#4January 28th, 2010 · 03:36 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
DjSkygrinder wrote…
Hey! Do you mention that because guitars are way too high? I'll turn em down and turn bass up on both lottery and epilogue. I do have to ask why the 3/5 on lyrics concept and creativity?

What production advice could u provide?

Work on the positive, TK gave you 4/5 for the composition/performance, he's a realistic critique, 4/5 is VERY Good.

It's true that many guitarists play TOO LOUD, the rhythm is slightly too loud and the grunge guitar is loud
I can't hardly hear the bass. So those adjustments should bring the VOX more to the front. This is the most important, that's what most listeners will be listening too. The exception for a guitar to be loud is a solo or the lead melody.

A Little tip

When you are mixing the levels turn the  master volume right down so that it is quite, say volume two or three out of ten, then do the levels, make sure you hear everything without having to make an effort.

Then turn it up to say 5 out of ten, then check it again, this time also check the EQ, IMO you should only make minute changes to eq, otherwise it becomes over produced and sounds awful. Eq should only be used to create more separation of each instruments, so for example the treble of the drums may be similar to the lead guitar, in which case they can sound like one instead of two.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:50 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.