#1January 27th, 2010 · 02:20 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
Courtyard (RAW) mix

This song is not in a battle

Experimenting with piano sounds and scoring chords and melody into the score editor in FL Studio. This is much more mellow compared to my techno stuff. and much more complicated getting things to mesh. The ending is not even close to being done, I played around with gross beat found in FL's effects and played around with the automation track, not sure if this element is going to be good or bad, I think it makes it interesting and breaks it up a bit. so anyways other than the ending of this song I would love some feedback

Thanx guys

Aaron DeAger

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 27th, 2010 · 03:06 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Very interesting
Heya Aaron,
 you've got quite the catch going on here.... very nice vibe..... Is this yourself on "piano",,,,, or is this Fl8... *love the scales you're using...... sounds like this could be an excellent soundtrack. Very interesting mix as well  the way you're using the panning sequence. The reason I ask is because I am a piano player as well and I have some piano ballads posted on here.  The only thing I could suggest is a volume mix over-do. At places there seems to be a slight over modulation in the drums at first and then again when everything comes back in about 80% into it. Other then that... the mix sounds pretty close to right on. Very unique as well... you have some really cool ideas going on. Would love to hear more.. *keepem coming buddy... and once again *Welcome to the Amp!!!!
*definitely deserves a rating!
Fiddlah *s
#3January 27th, 2010 · 03:28 PM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Great first post! Love the sounds and the interesting techniques (panning etc) used. Do wish it was a bit more short n concise though, it seems a bit repetitive at a certain point.
#4January 27th, 2010 · 05:16 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
Yeah I definetly agree with Fiddlah 'bout the "Very interesting"-statement.
I were very surprised when you just hmm, looking for the right word... can you say "PANNED OUT"? haha. fade out but.. yeah.. u know.. at 0:23 or smthn

Maybe Djskygrinder's right about the song getting repetetive, but I don't mind the lenght at all,
but I want more effects..! kind of hehe, but I must say I really enjoyed the part that begins at aprox. 4:10
and then I REALLY liked the effect you've put on the piano at.. 4:50 or something? somekind of, spacey delay-tones? anyway it's a Very nice transition, almost didn't notice the change of effect, that's why I was unsure. (please tell me you ARE changing something or am I just hearing things?)

Anyway, overall a nice track, I enjoyed listening

*** OH! you used that effect from 4:20 and forward, RIGHT ? Guess I noticed it more when you hit the higher notes

//adam
#5January 27th, 2010 · 05:58 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
Thanx guys, to answer a few questions
Wow, Guys thanks. This makes my day. well I cant play piano that well, so what i do is sit and start with one key that i like, witch luckly is C and just branch from there. Just me, the mouse and the score editor. it takes me a while sometimes but its worth it cuz im training my ear at the same time, I dont care much for cut and paste stuff. its not original. so no its not fl9 doing it, but it makes me feel good that you had to ask.  The effect in the piano around 4:45 is a clone of the original channel, whats diff is the arp is set to slide within 2 octaves and a little reverb, what a difference a small adjustment made, but yet subtle. Awesome feedback. this site rocks.

Much Love

Aaron DeAger
#6April 23rd, 2010 · 10:30 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Ivory Rain (Naked Pain)
great! finally I can download this song!
(bandamp isn't too bad a site.)

we need to get you out here for some photo shoots
(you better be able to squeeze into you're old wedding dress. rock)

I'll, shortly, have full access to my schools audio engineering department
that'll be nice until we build our own here in austin
(looking at real estate now)

rock & roll.
#7April 23rd, 2010 · 06:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
dude.....any more like this?

I'm confused....that usually means that it's above me...you are either using some amazing samples or your creating the most amazing music.....you know that kind that really touches the soul.
I am loving this, cuts and all, it may have 'long' bits where the drum comes out a little....but they are short.
If you made this in a score editor I'm totally impressed...an amazing digital performance and composition.
#8May 9th, 2010 · 10:51 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Chi I/0 (AaronDeager) is a Sorcerer.
the piano track was played outside, in the rain.
true story.

www.MySpace.com/ChiOnOff
#9May 18th, 2010 · 05:00 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Heya, Chi!
I posted a live recording
of me jamming with my loop pedal
covering The White Stripes "There's No Home For You Here, Girl"
i'm using the same loop pedal the nick zinner from the YYY's uses
on songs like "Maps" and whatnot
have a hear.
rock & roll.
#10May 18th, 2010 · 10:23 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Man, I just love this! Superb job.
The mixing is very interesting but yet it fits somehow.
I totally loved it. Downloaded, for sure.

> Iszil
#11May 19th, 2010 · 03:58 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
wow this is really cool. like holy cow you've captured something here. This is really awesome I love the piano and the whole feel of the song is just like wow! really catchy and i think this would be a really great tune to describe insanity or someone on the brink of insanity...thats the vive i get....totally friggin sweet!!  

awesome!!!
#12June 6th, 2010 · 07:57 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
wow, I really wasn't expecting all this great feedback for this one. Thank You So Much everyone. It's cool that TheKunadiun said the brink of insanity, I had watched some vids on youtube about cherynobel and the nuclear meltdown. and in a vision/ or daydream I thought of a doctor standing in the courtyard of a russian hospital but with an asylem feel.  And this music came from what he might be thinking.  he knows it's only a matter of time and theres nothing he can do about it. while the general population is unaware he know's whats to come in matter of days, while polluted snow fall's calmly around him. So anyways cherynobel is what seeded this one.

Once again thanks everyone. Im going to give this one the finishing touches and repost a more intact version, plus I can try some of my new mixing techniques, not tooten my horn but im lovin it.
#13June 7th, 2010 · 03:21 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Toot away dude...the more you love it the better it will be...and I'm waiting for another one on this level.......like totally excellent ! 

OK so your Dr's on the asylum steps looking out into his oblivion .... so now what's with the 'cutting and the chopping' ? is that his own 'signal' slowly breaking up.....
I do love the effect I was just wondering how it fitted in the story.
#14June 8th, 2010 · 01:58 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Unfortunately running out of time, can't listen to the track in it's entirety so skipped over it a few parts, but wow that piano track is really great! Imagining that this was "moused together" in a score editor, hehe well well... it's pretty awesome. I like the electronic mashing near the end (couldn't skip that part heehe).. will give this a more thorough listen later on! But so far, I'm well impressed!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 2:42 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.