#1January 26th, 2010 · 04:39 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
St Thomas - Rendition

This song is not in a battle

A composition introduced to me when I played with Godfrey Madura ( ex-steel pulse) Sax player. I love this melody, it has a great fun party vib. This composition is by Sonny Rollins, I read somewhere that he used to hear his mother hum it. I'm not sure if he is the original creator, having that he heard his mum humming it??

This is version one, I'm working on another that will have Sax, I'm a bit rusty on the horn, not been practicing much, however I will try and practice for a week and try it out, pending on some good will gestures to my parents.

Tried recording the Bass a little different, went from a Line6 Bass pod via my preAMP, hence the pod has a separate preAMp channel and Amp model channel, thought try it out via my own and compare, I think it sounds fatter and warmer.

Also mastered a bit different, used the Limiter on both my work station for the music, limiter on the drums via FL and very slightly added more limiting to the overall mix via FL. It's a quick master so need to check it out when my ears are back to normal...lol

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 26th, 2010 · 05:06 PM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Nice! Very clean and proper. Flawless instrumentation, liking the mix. The guitar seems a bit trebly just a tiny bit but that might be my earphones.

Good job!
#3January 27th, 2010 · 02:48 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
wow.... your musical skills are growing and growing and growing.....  hey wait... wanna also be like that  haha
#4January 27th, 2010 · 03:00 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
wow.... your musical skills are growing and growing and growing.....  hey wait... wanna also be like that  haha

Thanks TK, actually I'm, not entirely happy with the Solo, but then again it's a Solo, you can't predict what it's going to turn out like. Plus I chose the drum samples very quickly, I'll do another version soon and tidy it up.
The Bass and rhythm guitar sounds nice when loud, think it just need to come up slightly in the mix, or may just turn down the lead a bit, same meat different gravy....lol
#5January 28th, 2010 · 02:08 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Another excellent recording Denis. As I mentioned earlier to you, I absolutely love the drum track.....!
 I also agree with TK.... your  songs just keep getting better. This one has a definite Jazz/latin feel with a total upbeat emotion in it as well. A+++ my friend! *totally impressed once again!
Fid  *s
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:22 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.