Current votes: 11 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-02

A better recording of that new song just guitar vocal and backing

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 23rd, 2010 · 06:14 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Nice well played clean accoustic guitar sound. Would be nice to hear this song with light percussion and bass. 
#3January 24th, 2010 · 05:21 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah the recording is much better, sounds more natural, warmer.

Great song

*Edit:

What did you do different?
#4January 24th, 2010 · 06:54 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
what did I do differently?
Well play it better for a start that help!
recording wise I recorded the guitar with 3 condenser mics 2 small diaph close up in stereo and a large diaph center further away and added the direct signal of my soundhole pic up center with some reverb for the vocals just the same mic set up

I should record soon a full band version of that track Beccy play some wicked guitar on it!
#5January 25th, 2010 · 05:35 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
20 posts
United States of America
nice
#6February 6th, 2010 · 09:36 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I heard that the battle was up and going again so let try my luck with this song I might get a few votes who knows
#7February 6th, 2010 · 10:12 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
This is a really good song.  Has a nice catch phrase, it's well structured and played real tight. vocals fit nicely and the mix is good.  Gets a good vote from me.
#8February 6th, 2010 · 01:00 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I'll vote but not a top mark...I think it's a really good original song that has an awful lot going for it, I love the vocal, and the lyric is so simply perfect, I think it's the single guitar, as full a sit sounds it's kind of on it's own especially when the beautiful chorus comes in with the harmonies. So I suppose what I'm saying is that if this was a band production there wouldn't be enough stars to vote with !!  

Dont take this wrong but I get an Alison Moyet feel, the tone of your voice or the simplicity of the lyric or the lightness of the melody..!!
#9February 6th, 2010 · 07:11 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Thank you for the comments
I understand this is a very bare version of the song
We play it with the Jim Jims and the secong part guitar Beccy came out with is simply great and drum and bass add really to it too but we haven't had time to record it yet so I'm afraid you gonna have to put up with that version for now
sorry
#10February 6th, 2010 · 07:43 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Fine song
vincentL wrote…
Thank you for the comments
I understand this is a very bare version of the song
We play it with the Jim Jims and the secong part guitar Beccy came out with is simply great and drum and bass add really to it too but we haven't had time to record it yet so I'm afraid you gonna have to put up with that version for now
sorry

lovely well crafted song ..............a battle contender ................even without the drum and bass.......
harmony vocs very nice and balanced.........
I made up my mind
This is great!!!
Ker - splash....

do i hear some one whispering at the start???     
battle vote 90% and more....
#11February 7th, 2010 · 04:57 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Hello Vincent
Beautifully done as is.
Well crafted and played sugoi vocal & the harmonies too making for a lovely organic result.
Interesting your mic setup for guitar recording.

Thankyou for Posting Vincent ...it;s early morning coffee  time here...sun showers of rain &  some and the birds have come down for snaks.....you song is playing through the computer monitors and life drifts by.

rate high 
yY
#12February 7th, 2010 · 05:12 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Beautiful song.
Sweet harmonies and vocals in general. I'd like to hear a fatter guitar here. Maybe, as Kings said, a full band or at least more instruments performing this.
Good luck in the battle... and looking forward for the version with the Jim Jims.

> Iszil
#13February 19th, 2010 · 08:48 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Good song Vincent. Excellent vocal delivery, although I would vary the melody just slightly for a bit of variety; harmonies are very good.
Guitar playing is solid, and good - not sure about the recording though - I get a resonance on my speakers which I need to EQ out to make it sound right - this may be the recording technique (or it could be my speakers!).

I understand about time, and availability of people to add the bass and percussion, it would be nice to hear the song the way it's played live... I know, why don't I come and see you play it live!!!

I enjoyed listening.
Cheers
Jim A
#14February 19th, 2010 · 10:16 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Well Jim there's a few London gigs coming hope to see you there
#15November 5th, 2010 · 04:08 PM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
Wow, I'm your fan now ! Perfect work!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 28th, 2024 · 11:36 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.