#1January 19th, 2010 · 02:13 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
21 posts
United States of America
How You Like Me Now

This song is not in a battle

So this song is actually called "I've Moved On" but every time I tried uploading it with that title, I got an error saying "you already have a song with that title" which is totally false, but whatever...

Been a while since I've posted anything, but if you've heard any of my other stuff, you'll realize this is a bit different than my usual style. There are no wailing guitars or hard heavy power chords and fingertaps, haha. I recorded this a few months ago, and this is a shortened version, with sections cut out that would normally be where the vocals would go. I made all the percussion, loops, fills, background vocals using Fruity Loops.

Have a listen, and let me know if you like the new style. The solo starts around the 1:00 mark.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 19th, 2010 · 03:04 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Lemme see...
The drums sound too fake. Varying the velocity and listening to real drum sequences would help to make them sound better.
The leas guitar tone is not really good. Too dry, too weak, to plastic. Also, due to that, the technical mistakes are a lot more notorious. Some delay, reverb or compression would help.
In general the tune is a bit boring, lacks of dynamism, needs a powerful climax so it doesn't sound so flat.
I think you have something to start here. Taking the idea and developing it would lead this towards a good result.

> Iszil
#3January 20th, 2010 · 03:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I like the style, the production is fair, it takes a lot of recording time, experiments to get a quality clean sound.
How are you recording the audio, I can try and help you improve it.

I can't remember how Marino prgrammes the drums in FL, it has great sounding drums, I would investigate and try it out. The electonic drums in this recording are OK, but I think this peice would sound better with an acoustic kit.

On a positive note, the guitar picking is nice, the Solo is fair, just lacks a bit of expression/feel, I often say this, but more too often less is more, play less notes, leave gaps and let the rhythm do the work.

Keep it up, the STYLE is cool.
#4January 22nd, 2010 · 03:04 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Simple, but nice.  The drums are too repetitive over the whole song - Iz makes valid comments about this.
Would like to have a bit of dynamics in the tune, which is what it's missing to me.
Like the addition of vocal "aahs" from FL.
Quite a pleasant listen.
#5January 22nd, 2010 · 03:42 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I do like the style of this music...good work
#6January 22nd, 2010 · 08:55 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: How You Like Me Now
Brigggggz wrote…
So this song is actually called "I've Moved On" but every time I tried uploading it with that title, I got an error saying "you already have a song with that title" which is totally false, but whatever...

Been a while since I've posted anything, but if you've heard any of my other stuff, you'll realize this is a bit different than my usual style. There are no wailing guitars or hard heavy power chords and fingertaps, haha. I recorded this a few months ago, and this is a shortened version, with sections cut out that would normally be where the vocals would go. I made all the percussion, loops, fills, background vocals using Fruity Loops.

Have a listen, and let me know if you like the new style. The solo starts around the 1:00 mark.

Hey briggs WELL DONE!!!!!
Im listenin and commenting as the song grows........
Its a slow build ............. I totally see how you have worked to make this track work .........
and its great!!!!!! drum fillls on fl studio work well....
double trackin the guitars (remind me of tubular bells the way this track stacks up!!!)

NICE ONE

The Fish
#7January 27th, 2010 · 01:44 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
Is that FL's FPC drumkit i hear, use a real sample kit to fix that . I know from expeirence that non live drums are a b**** to incorporate into a piece. Everything that came from you was great.

Aaron DeAger
#8April 13th, 2010 · 12:22 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
I think it's pretty fair, the "fake" drums don't bother me that much. Good guitar playing skills, by the way.
#9April 13th, 2010 · 01:12 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
title
first off I think this is a decent effort, neat recording, well arranged and well played. Ofcourse there is.. plenty of room for improvement.... But that's only natural! Not gonna repeat what's been said.

As for title.. Why ya couldn't upload with the other title... Is because of the special character "  '  " in I've Moved On".. Seems to be giving problems for some reason. What you can do is edit the title now that it's been uploaded. That will work...

cheers...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 5:26 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.