#1January 16th, 2010 · 12:40 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Never Again

This song is not in a battle

Well, I'd like to get some opinions on this piece. All I'm trying to convey is loneliness (both in a positive and negative way) as well as trying to shed some ways of thinking.

Not exactly greatest of quality.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 16th, 2010 · 01:32 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
sounds like two bass guitars?

this has potential musically; just execute faster, "get to the point" so to speak...

could possibly benefit from a guitar or keyboard or anything in a higher register, for ambience and diveristy...

whaddya think?
#3January 17th, 2010 · 12:36 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
I'm pretty limited on instruments at the moment, hence the 3/4 tracks of bass only. I think delaying the execution is what makes the composition. I could definitley extend this and put guitar in and piano. Maybe if I can get hold of a decent electric I will re-record this one with a completely new structure.

I think mixing higher frequency instruments to create ambience will be a good challange. I have often thought about using synths of high frequency for this effect.
Who knows, maybe sometime this year I'll develop this one :p.
#4January 17th, 2010 · 01:06 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Interesting piece.
I felt the loneliness you were trying to express so I guess that's good.
But I agree about that you should develop this in a wider range of sounds/instruments. That would make it more interesting to listen.

> Iszil
#5January 17th, 2010 · 10:34 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah some synth pads here and there, or some samples that reflect loneliness would be interesting, or some percussion might work, just cymbals perhaps??
A female vox singing freestyle?, you might be able to find some samples.

It will be interesting where you take this
#6January 17th, 2010 · 11:05 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
29 posts
United States of America
I felt the loneliness
I felt the loneliness you were trying to convey. Throughout the song I was expecting (actually hoping) to hear more instrumentation. I did not get that but I still felt what you wanted to convey.
#7March 27th, 2010 · 03:29 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hey Aaron. Hows it going. Sounds like you were playing and seeing where it would go...Kind of like free wheeling it. Its very different. It could go in a lot of different directions..More instruments are needed I would have to agree. But as you said, your limited with instruments right now. We have to work with what we have. Right?..nice work Aaron

Nice rating
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.