#1January 6th, 2010 · 11:38 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The Sidewinder - Rendition

This song is not in a battle

Another melody I love. Crikey it was not easy picking the notes out by ear and even though it's 24-bar blues, I found it hard to lay down the rhythm track....lol
The melody line has many chromatic notes, it's not easy I tell you to create a nice melody in the chromatic scale, Lee Morgan who created this is a genius in my opinion, the melody fits perfectly around the rhythm, I wouldn't mind guessing that he was a perfectionist, the original version has two trumpet players, man they are so tight it's unreal, not to mention the energy, which is vibrant.

So Here' Den's version with Acoustic Guitar lead left channel and Electric Archtop on the right

When I finished producing it all I could think of was RETRO......

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 6th, 2010 · 10:27 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
Pretty fun jazzy sounding tune, I like it. I especially like the guitar towards the end.
#3January 6th, 2010 · 11:07 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Like the blend on gits .
Very smooth and the tone retro authentic nice work mate.
So out of curiosity are you planning an album of renditions ?
Great selection of tunes , and your take on them refreshing .
go for it old son      
#4January 7th, 2010 · 03:37 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
blakhatz wrote…
Like the blend on gits .
Very smooth and the tone retro authentic nice work mate.
So out of curiosity are you planning an album of renditions ?
Great selection of tunes , and your take on them refreshing .
go for it old son      :D

Yeah, I'm gonna do a new album mostly renditions, Tunecore recommend this for marketing, hence more chance of people wanting to listen to your music when searching for a particular song.
#5January 22nd, 2010 · 02:58 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Denis, I know your set-up - I'm still impressed with the quality you get in your recordings.  This is superb - playing, mixing, choice of guitar sounds, everything.
Loving it.
Jim
#6January 22nd, 2010 · 09:17 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: The Sidewinder - Rendition
Denis wrote…
Another melody I love. Crikey it was not easy picking the notes out by ear and even though it's 24-bar blues, I found it hard to lay down the rhythm track....lol
The melody line has many chromatic notes, it's not easy I tell you to create a nice melody in the chromatic scale, Lee Morgan who created this is a genius in my opinion, the melody fits perfectly around the rhythm, I wouldn't mind guessing that he was a perfectionist, the original version has two trumpet players, man they are so tight it's unreal, not to mention the energy, which is vibrant.

So Here' Den's version with Acoustic Guitar lead left channel and Electric Archtop on the right

When I finished producing it all I could think of was RETRO......

GROOOOVEY............
BRAVE TO EVEN TRY THIS ONE!!!!
You do it justice!!!!!
Swingin sound ( more than the original as its faster)
Please come to my pub!!!!

The Blue .......... note ................ fish
#7January 23rd, 2010 · 03:42 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
is it the original solo you are playing or is it some improvised. I am not sure, but I heard another scale there...

but.... your work is always great and I think you've had a lot of fun to record this.
technically no comments... simply great
#8January 23rd, 2010 · 05:36 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
is it the original solo you are playing or is it some improvised. I am not sure, but I heard another scale there...

but.... your work is always great and I think you've had a lot of fun to record this.
technically no comments... simply great

Solo was improvised, it was a fun challenge learning the melody line, hence I play by ear, I really love the melody, it's so unique, masterpiece by the great Lee Morgan, this composition should get more recognition, it truly is a masterpiece IMO
I'm not sure what scale I was playing in on the solo, most of the time I just fealt the notes.

Cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:29 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.