#1July 20th, 2005 · 12:37 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
Arctocephalus

This song is not in a battle

The very first thing I ever originally wrote was the background part for this song.  I originally recorded it to help myself learn how to improv a lead over rythym better, and it has just kept coming back.  Recently I decided to do it again - but with a KEYBOARD thrown in.  Every part is played by myself.  The background acoustic guitar (Alvarez DY-38), the keyboard (Casio CTK-496), the lead electric (Gretsch Electromatic), and I also threw some quieter lead acoustic in there (Alvarez again), and don't know whether or not I should keep it in the mix - it's kinda strange.  Also since I didn't have a name for the song, I just looked up the scientific classification for Fur Seal.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 20th, 2005 · 12:43 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
Oh yeah
Please tell me what you think 
#3July 20th, 2005 · 04:03 PM
10 threads / 8 songs
39 posts
Cambodia
Around here it's assumed that the community will give it's opinion on your music... no need to ask for it.

Now I'm going to try to pre-empt the posts of my cohorts and say that, despite the comments you will probably receive telling you that this song needs drums, I really don't think you should add them.  Adding drums wouldn't be bad, it would just malign the texture the acoustic guitar produces.

This is very well played, I like the acoustic guitar background.  I can barely hear the keyboard, though... not sure I hear it at all, honestly.  (I kinda have to keep the music down where I am, though, maybe if it was playing louder I could hear it.)  I like the acoustic lead parts, I just don't think they should go under the electric solo.  As in, perhaps you have short breaks in the electric solo where you toss in some short lead acoustic lines.

And don't worry about not having titles for songs... I probably have a title for one out of every fifteen of mine.
#4July 22nd, 2005 · 02:55 PM
1 posts
United States of America
Like this very much!
Hey Fur Seal,
I have listened to all of your songs and I must say that you always continue to impress me! Great job!
I know others can critique your work better than I can, but I really like what I'm hearing!

But I might be a little prejudiced! 
Keep up the great work and I still haven't seen your live video yet!
danCER
#5August 11th, 2005 · 11:55 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
11 posts
United States of America
my favorite out of all the songs on bandamp. very powerful guitar solo. kind of a pink floyd style. like it a ton
#6August 15th, 2005 · 12:33 AM
1 threads
3 posts
Switzerland
Hi... i really like the accoustic guitar...  and -  nice title
#7May 25th, 2006 · 01:26 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
XXXLLLLLNNNNTTT guitar work. real tasty.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 7:53 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.