#1January 1st, 2010 · 06:34 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
The Game

This song is not in a battle

Cubase works wonders!

I used some default samples that they had and changed them through transposing, trimming, (mixing?), etc... And made "The Game".

It was a project I started on New Years' Eve, around 10 minutes before 2010 came into view. Anyways, the main idea I had behind this song was to create a kind of "European sports" vibe... And no, that doesn't mean rioting Italian fans, hahaha.

Credit to sampleswap.org for vocal samples.

--XFactor--

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 2nd, 2010 · 01:53 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Listening as I review:
I really like the rhythm of this, and the vocal samples work REALLY well.
0:25-0:32 = HOT
0:32-0:40 = Pretty amazing 
Very nice use of synths man. I can imagine this being played, loudly as the credits to some movie. The beat is actually very nice as well. Nice ending 
This was really good, you should look into this being used professionally for something. Good job..keep it up.
#3January 2nd, 2010 · 05:14 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Wow, you are making great progress considering you are only just starting to use decent studio software.

I love the ending, that organ has an amazing sound, the Afro Caribbean rhythms are great. It reminds me a bit of THIRD WORLD, one of my favorite reggae bands, so perhaps a soulful lead vocal would work!!

WELL DONE!!
#4January 3rd, 2010 · 11:56 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
The vocal samples really add to it, it sounds great. Kind of a tribal sound but an upbeat sort of encouraging, energetic sound. I like it.
#5January 4th, 2010 · 02:29 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I dont know about 'European Games' but this would go down really well in South Africa for the coming World Cup....you should try and get it 'heard' down there.
Really nice production, Cubase is SO much clearer compared to FL, you can hear the quality !
Good use of samples and an exiting flow to it all the way through.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.