#1December 30th, 2009 · 08:02 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Tequila - Rendition

This song is not in a battle

I've always loved the rhythm of this track ever since I was in nappies....lol
I got extreemly drunk on it in Portugual in the late 80's, which sold their for £2.00 per bottle!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 30th, 2009 · 12:27 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
"If you wanna have a tekila you need lemon and salt" (that's the translation of the main line).
Really nice production. Your guitars sound amazing!
I just felt the intro of the percussion sound a bit fake. Maybe fixing the velocities of the hits so you give it a more realistic sound. A crescendo would be perfect so decreasing the velocity in the first hits would solve that issue.
Really loved the percussion section in the middle. The thing is I just felt the cowbell beat doesn't fit. There's something in latin music (mainly) called "key" (probably that's the best translation for the term in spanish, "clave") that's basically one sound (like a cowbell) doing a specific pattern according to the style. In this case I don't know what pattern you should use; if you listen to some of the same style probably you will find a proper one. But just following the tempo doesn't sound proper.
The melody has been always sticky and this rendition makes it even more sticky. Great job.
I think following my advice the song will sound just perfect. It's my humble opinion.

> Iszil
#3December 30th, 2009 · 09:42 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
ISzIl said
'I think following my advice the song will sound just perfect. It's my humble opinion.'
Humility!
 ....isz tee hee hee.
No Seriously tho
Funny you should pick up on the clave , was listening to some Mongo Santamaria in a post xmas haze nap and heard them , rhythm floated with ease really trippy.
As for this rendition Denis I love it.
Guitars and horn hot mate .
My wish that we could play this together at some little pub in South London .
Isz you gotta come mate

BTW
We have to throw in an extra 45 min dance set for NYE club gig to night on the back of our regular 50m X2 Elton Jack Show.
Gotta do this , thanks for the reminder of what an absolute party number this is.
Happy 2010.

Make mine a slammer
muchos gracias
greg

#4December 31st, 2009 · 09:01 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
"If you wanna have a tekila you need lemon and salt" (that's the translation of the main line).
Really nice production. Your guitars sound amazing!
I just felt the intro of the percussion sound a bit fake. Maybe fixing the velocities of the hits so you give it a more realistic sound. A crescendo would be perfect so decreasing the velocity in the first hits would solve that issue.
Really loved the percussion section in the middle. The thing is I just felt the cowbell beat doesn't fit. There's something in latin music (mainly) called "key" (probably that's the best translation for the term in spanish, "clave") that's basically one sound (like a cowbell) doing a specific pattern according to the style. In this case I don't know what pattern you should use; if you listen to some of the same style probably you will find a proper one. But just following the tempo doesn't sound proper.
The melody has been always sticky and this rendition makes it even more sticky. Great job.
I think following my advice the song will sound just perfect. It's my humble opinion.

> Iszil

Thanks Iz, I've made changes to what you have suggested, also adjusted some of the levels, it sounds a lot better.
CHEERS
#5December 31st, 2009 · 01:30 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
re: ISzIl said
blakhatz wrote…
'I think following my advice the song will sound just perfect. It's my humble opinion.'
Humility!
 ....isz tee hee hee.

Couldn't help that joke .

Denis, I'm looking forward for the new version.

> Iszil
#6April 23rd, 2011 · 12:34 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
lo quiero mucho!
#7April 23rd, 2011 · 12:57 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MrBenPablo wrote…
lo quiero mucho!

Hmmm..... translation reads "Love Him"  ....lol
Could it mean you love the music 

Or something else????
#8April 23rd, 2011 · 01:25 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
Lo is "IT" hahaha
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 10:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.