#1December 22nd, 2009 · 03:50 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
No Sense - Crack

This song is not in a battle

New piece with my band.
As usual, composed in one day, recorded the next one, so you will notice a lot of mistakes plus we tried to record with a metronome but it didn't work really good. It's a home recording so don't expect a great sound quality.
We just recorded it so we don't forget it over time and then we can see what we should change.
The singer wasn't attending this time so this is a trio work.
It's me and the drummer singing.
Give us feedback to see what we should change and improve.

> Iszil

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 22nd, 2009 · 04:01 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Listening as I review:
I really like the lo-fi, heavy sound of the drums, you should keep that for the final version. I like the melody, it sounds really catchy and modern. The voice on the left side isn't that great, and its too loud, I like the one on the right side - nice tone. But, I can tell this is going to sound great once a 'proper' singer gets his hands onto it. Nice song so far. Oh, the stuttery guitar near the end is very nice, and reminds of a lot of late 90s alternative rocks songs! The songs is ove r5 minutes long, but I didn't notice - this was really entertaining to listen to. Nice one, Iszil.
#3December 22nd, 2009 · 04:24 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
wow
Love the arrangement and as a recording it totally stands up cause of such solid foundation reflecting the songs quality.
Gits tres cool.
Dynamics structure and classic guitar hooks ,hey well done on getting it written and recorded , know what you mean about forgetting .Found myself the other day trying to remember exactly what I had played in one of our songs
 AHHH "Rolling Stones " moment.

Use the little edirol frequently just to catch the moment.
Wait to see where this goes , its really good Isz,

BTW have a great xmas Isz @family hope its a relaxing one
 and keep an eye on your snail mail box.
Boogie Santa may drop inn.

greg & yoko
#4December 24th, 2009 · 04:34 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Wicked riff at 1.50, would like to hear more of it in the song, that part ROCKS!!

Next time experiment with mic placements on the Drums, yeah drums are the hardest to record.
You can still get away with a stereo pair of  over-head condenser mics if you have them, and one on the bass drum. Oh and if you can put a mic under the snare, you'll be suprised how much it will brighten it up.

The guitar tone is GREAT!!

It a great song, just practice and get it tight.

Look Forward to the next take!!
#5December 25th, 2009 · 09:40 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
this is a really cool song. guitar tone is sweet...totally awesome riffs.

this is going to be an amazing song. rock on!!!!
#6January 3rd, 2010 · 07:07 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Thank you guys.
I think I'll take Denis advice and add some more of that 1:50-riff in the song.
We will work now on the vocals to get them right.

> Iszil
#7January 4th, 2010 · 06:57 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
the ride cymbal is very emphasized maybe it's the positioning of mics.
the guitar sound is fantastic
why did you record with metronome? the drummer should be the timing component.
3:50 has an awesome tremolo
and your skills playing an electric guitar have become to a solid factor in your arrangements

there are several stylings in this track, each of them can be a base for new songs, try it!
#8January 16th, 2010 · 01:54 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
A lot here
There is a lot here, most of it has been commented on...

it COULD be used as the foundation for new songs... but thats up to you... if you can execute all of the different musical themes in this song, by all means, go for it!

Any singer would be happy to get his hands on this. I would.

Do you have any plans to record this yet? It's all there...
... did you really write all this in one day? I love it, absolutely love it when that happens...

... but then comes the tedious part... rehearsing (i actually love rehearsals, but every band is different) and recording.

Can't wait to hear the final version... doesn't have to be crisp, ultra-produced or whatever, as long delivers the POWER bottled up in this demo
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 5:46 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.