#1December 18th, 2009 · 02:45 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
On Top of The World UnM

This song is not in a battle

This is an unmastered version. It's finished, but needs a heck of a lot of mastering on the volume side of things. It's still listenable, but needs to be mastered in order to hear it as it should be heard. (You can blame FLS for this, plus the fact that I'm using FL6, not FL8 or FL9.)

Even though this is unmastered, I worked 6 days off and on on this. I'd say that's an estimate of 12 hours put into it. I focused on complexities, even though things repeat. It's not always about making every note different, it's about making it all sound good together. However, after all that work, I finally have a peice I can share with you guys, even though I'll need to spend more time on mastering it (A good 3 hours was already put into attempting to make it sound balanced, you can tell that's not my thing. :P)

On top of the world, and ready to tackle anything that gets in my way. As we struggle, we learn from our mistakes and thus we must carry on to tell the story of our history to our children, our grand-children.

Enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 19th, 2009 · 01:22 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
Again, I tranced out..
I really enjoy checking out your epic story-tracks, I read a lot of fantasy, and to be honest I keep daydreaming about battles with dragons and necromancers.

Maybe I'm just a freak  Or maybe your music really inspires us to disconnect..

Nice work 
#3December 19th, 2009 · 02:10 AM
3 posts
United States of America
I like how you mixed up your 'instruments' a lot here, and how the different tracks play together, especially with the japanease (pan?) flute. Really dig that. That said, the flute itself sounds quite rigid, and not very agile... something that would be difficult to do no doubt with your tracking program, but would add to the composition a lot i think
#4December 23rd, 2009 · 01:55 AM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
re: Again, I tranced out..
ArpKnight wrote…
I really enjoy checking out your epic story-tracks, I read a lot of fantasy, and to be honest I keep daydreaming about battles with dragons and necromancers.

Maybe I'm just a freak  Or maybe your music really inspires us to disconnect..

Nice work  :D

Thank you!

That's what my songs are made for. It's all about seeing the story. Since music has been a part of our history, it has always been another way to tell a story.

However, I have discovered Ableton. This is going to be the FIRST song that I will be transferring over to BETTER QUALITY! IT NEEDS IT! My VSTi plugins sound so lively and unflat in Ableton. Fruity Loops Studio was really a hinderence to me. But I'm still learning how to work in Ableton. It's very, very similar to FLS, but it has it's own thing going on too. Which I gotta learn first. I can't wait to hear this song finished off from Ableton! Then all my other songs I really like will be getting an Ableton Makeover too. :P

Back on the subject, I'm happy to know you see what my music speaks of. In this day and age, people have lost the ability to listen to music and decipher a story from it. It's all about vocals, and I feel those take away from the story. It's kind of like calling a non-fictional book that tells you a story a poem, when it's not.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:04 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.