#1December 15th, 2009 · 11:30 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
22 posts
United States of America
The Storm
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 6 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-01

Song 15/18 from our brand new album - "Invisible Curtain." Dave sings the vocals on this one.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 16th, 2009 · 12:39 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
I love the song - the atmosphere really builds.

What type of mics did you use to record the drums, how many, and where were they placed?  I like the sound you're getting!  What's the name of your band, also (just wondering- i love the song, i want more!).

Thanks,

Connor
#3December 16th, 2009 · 09:34 AM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
melodrama
Nicely produced song.   Reminds me of early Pink Floyd especially in the first minute of the song  Like the vocals-the singer is very Syd Barret-ish. The only advice I could say would be to have a little more build and change through the song or a different kind of bridge as it seems to drag a little towards the end but that said, Melodrama manages to keep it's spacey Floyd feel intact throughout the song.
#4December 16th, 2009 · 10:57 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
re: melodrama
SkunkApe wrote…
Nicely produced song.   Reminds me of early Pink Floyd especially in the first minute of the song  Like the vocals-the singer is very Syd Barret-ish. The only advice I could say would be to have a little more build and change through the song or a different kind of bridge as it seems to drag a little towards the end but that said, Melodrama manages to keep it's spacey Floyd feel intact throughout the song.

A bridge really be a cool idea, but you seem to have finished this song.

The song has a real Porcupine Tree feeling to it.
#5December 16th, 2009 · 11:08 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Yeah defnitely getting early Floyd/Syd Barett vibes.
I LOVE IT!!!!
This song is awesome. Really sweet quality you have to tell us your setup!

This sounds really cool and I totally want more...don't stop. MORE!!!
LOL "Us and Them". Do you guys have pink floyd influence? If so thats awesome. This song is awesome.
Ahgaghaghagh guitar solo. You guys seriously freaking rock. Upload all your songs for this album.

This is really awesome. Upload the rest. great job.
rated
downloaded
Welcome to the AMP!!!
#6December 16th, 2009 · 03:25 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I really like this, really melacholy, and the vocals sound great to me. Impressive production..nice work.
#7December 16th, 2009 · 03:57 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great Band performance. production not bad, perhaps a little over produced.
I would imagine you would go down well to a live audience
#8December 16th, 2009 · 07:45 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
22 posts
United States of America
re: re: melodrama
thebigguyconnor wrote…
SkunkApe wrote…

I am very impressed that you said Porcupine Tree. One of my main influences is Opeth. If you know anything about porcupine tree, then you should know Opeth.

And THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO LEFT COMMENTS!
#9December 16th, 2009 · 08:13 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
re: re: re: melodrama
melodrama wrote…
thebigguyconnor wrote…
SkunkApe wrote…

I am very impressed that you said Porcupine Tree. One of my main influences is Opeth. If you know anything about porcupine tree, then you should know Opeth.

And THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO LEFT COMMENTS!

Haha, to be honest, I've never heard of Opeth.  I'm gunna go check it out right now. 

TheKunadiun got me into Porcupine Tree (although the only albums I like by them is Stupid Dream and The Sky Moves Sideways)
#10December 25th, 2009 · 09:38 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I had to post on this song again. It really is very good. Excellent job. I listen to this all the time.
#11January 2nd, 2010 · 08:58 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Slovakia
really nice songs with some cool ideas!
#12January 2nd, 2010 · 04:29 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
dinoch wrote…
really nice songs with some cool ideas!

i bet you anything you didnt even listen to this song (or at least the whole way through)
#13January 22nd, 2010 · 12:54 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Clear and clean production here.
Also hearing an early Floyd vocal sound.
Perhaps just a little monotonous- even with the break, and the cross-beat drums at the 2:35 to 2:52 ish mark.  I think it may be down to the guitar loop (it may not be looped, it's just repetative), which is even used over the solo.
I may be that you were trying to create the feeling of constant forward movement... and to me this song actually does feel that way.  This is a good thing, but just a little over-done.

I did enjoy listening.
Cheers
Jim A
#14February 14th, 2010 · 05:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
URGENT Permission required
This song was voted to be included in the bandAMP album "The AMP VOL I", I have taken over from Fais54 in respect of launching the album.

I need your permission to use this song and a wav file. megauploads.com seems to be the quickest for me to download, rapidshare is pants.

Here is a sample of whats been sent to me.

"I give permission to Denis Ahmet for my recording "Whisper in the Night" to be used as a track on the BandAmp.com compilation album Volume 1
I reserve ownership of the song, recording and lyrics and the right to use it in future projects.

Terence M Hunt. -  SkunkApe
ýCopyright  Saturday, ýSeptember ý20, ý2008.  Terence M Hunt"

Your song will not be included unless I receive your permission, you have one week to send it to me, I'll just be too busy for one reason to delay the project, I need to have everybody's consent before I take it to the next stage.

Cheers

Denis
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:11 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.