#1December 10th, 2009 · 01:49 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Someone Like Me

This song is not in a battle

First song in a while using an electric guitar and a full rock band type feel.. let me know what you think.. to me the vocals still sound out of place.. I don't know if I'm mixing them wrong / recording them wrong or if my voice just doesn't suit this type of music :/

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 10th, 2009 · 02:48 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Generally rock vox are sung at the top of a vocalist range, unless they have a natural husky rocky vox
 (there are very few artists who do) You could try using Delay instead of reverb, or a combination of the two, you could also layer the vox by singing it twice, so you'll have to be spot on with your timing, or layer the the mix you have a few times, each layer you can have a varied eq and effects, pan etc, you'll need to play around with the settings. That will thicken it up.

I like the song except the lead synth, it's not a rocky sound to my ears, why not just add some distorted guitar in place of it??
#3December 10th, 2009 · 06:40 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
This is really nice. Your voice sounds really good, but a bit too dry and underproduced. I also think the music could be a lot louder. Maybe thats why it sounds out of place? But, as usual your songwriting and instrumentation is really great. Good job.

Edit: There's a sort of natural reverb going on the vox, like you've recorded it in a bathroom somewhere (maybe not that dramatic). I suggest recording it somewhere where the acoustics are better.
#4December 13th, 2009 · 08:13 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Denis wrote…
Generally rock vox are sung at the top of a vocalist range, unless they have a natural husky rocky vox
 (there are very few artists who do) You could try using Delay instead of reverb, or a combination of the two, you could also layer the vox by singing it twice, so you'll have to be spot on with your timing, or layer the the mix you have a few times, each layer you can have a varied eq and effects, pan etc, you'll need to play around with the settings. That will thicken it up.

I like the song except the lead synth, it's not a rocky sound to my ears, why not just add some distorted guitar in place of it?? ;)

That song tested my range haha it was at the top of my range in the chorus!

The lead was supposed to be a guitar I guess I'l;l just look at the amp settings!!

fais54 wrote…
This is really nice. Your voice sounds really good, but a bit too dry and underproduced. I also think the music could be a lot louder. Maybe thats why it sounds out of place? But, as usual your songwriting and instrumentation is really great. Good job.

Edit: There's a sort of natural reverb going on the vox, like you've recorded it in a bathroom somewhere (maybe not that dramatic). I suggest recording it somewhere where the acoustics are better.

Thanks! Yeah I noticed the reverb too haha, the only effect I used on my voice was a compressor so I'll have a play around with it and turn the instruments up a bit too.
#5December 14th, 2009 · 01:47 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I like the Rockness...nice work

nice Rating
#6December 14th, 2009 · 04:37 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Awesome melody. The vocals need a little something on them, they sound a little too dry. Great hook in the chorus.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 4:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.