1 2

#1December 4th, 2009 · 11:51 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Godzilla (cover)
In collaboration with: Marino

This song is not in a battle

This was originally a Marino work. Pitifully it wasn't finished and he said he probably wouldn't finish it, so I asked him if I could.
All the backing track is his. What I recorded basically are all the lead guitars and the vocals.
I don't know if the mix sounds good for you.
Hope you like it.

> Iszil

PS: Sorry for the solo, but my guitar is not working well and the action is really high to play comfortably. I also tried to get some decent vocals.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 4th, 2009 · 01:20 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
This is a really successful cover song - love the vocals and guitar solos throughout.

2:05 = bass solo? SO GOOD!

Volume could be a bit louder, but other than that, the mix is fine.

Since the song started to the moment it ended, I just sat there grinning at the great music.

Good work!

--XFactor--
#3December 4th, 2009 · 01:29 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK so this is a cover.....but it's sooo good.
I loved the original and I liked M's backing version...but this is it...the bees knees !!
Mix sounds very 'together' , all tracks are tight and in the right place.....
love it all.....screaming lead, electric vocals.....totally solid backing track.
I'm downloading this one...cheers 
#4December 4th, 2009 · 01:32 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah Iz nice attitude in dem VOX man
Good show, has M heard it yet??
BTW AMPERS it's M's BIRTHDAY 17th DEC, THE MAN HAS DONE SO MUCH HERE ON THE AMP
SO LETS NOT FORGET PLEASE!!!!!!

Yeah, need to normalise the recording, you may have to put a limiter on the vox first, or send it to M to remaster

AWESOME COLLAB
#5December 4th, 2009 · 01:35 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I think I took the levels down to hear my playing/singing while recording and I guess I didn't turn them up again to do the mixdown.
By the way, Marino hasn't heard it yet. I just finished it.
I'll probably will talk to him in case he wants to do the mixing. His production skills are a lot better than mine.
Anyway, thank you for the feedback.

> Iszil
#6December 4th, 2009 · 02:52 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I've never heard the original but this is pretty nice. The vocals are pretty good, I think they can be a bit 'brighter' in the mix, to give the overall song more life. That's about all I can think of at the moment. Nice work man. 
#7December 4th, 2009 · 11:56 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
WOW & WOO HOO
Hot hot hot
Your vocals are great, really impressive treatment and mix.
& sure you're well covered but  if you need any additional mixing/mastering patches  or wadddeva , let us know.

yy
#8December 7th, 2009 · 05:22 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
very nice singing and guitar work. You got great guitar skills and you really did an impressive job on vocals as well. The vocals sound really nice in the mix as well... very well recorded. Loved the blue oyster cult original song so this was great to here. Listened to Marino's backing tracks and it seems when he uploaded it on here the production came out a bit better quality... more crisp. Did you process his backing tracks or something because it sounds a bit muffled on here compared to Marino's upload, as well as the obvious volume issue others have mentioned.
#9December 7th, 2009 · 09:51 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I agree with Chill, the entire thing sounds a bit flat. Your performance is great, just get it mixed correctly.
#10December 7th, 2009 · 11:34 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Marino talked to me via Facebook and he said he'd really like to make the mixing on this, as I'm totally aware that the quality got a bit screwed up after I recorded my part.
Soon you'll see a newer version of this uploaded... as soon as Marino is not busy.
Thanks for the comments, by the way.

> Iszil
#11December 8th, 2009 · 05:04 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
This sounds really cool, sounds like something that would be on the radio or on tv. Great job, sounds amazing to me.
#12December 8th, 2009 · 06:57 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice Job Iz..Totally awesome...
Iz send me the wav tracks of what you did in separate files via yousend it or rapidshare..Pm or facebook me the link...Ill be getting started on it soon..I been out for a while...I also need to do something for Denis so Ill get to to it pretty quick but let me wrap up some pending things...Tx to all the guys for the great comments..
Denis tx for the birthday wishes your the best..
#13March 9th, 2010 · 05:17 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Test to see the Collaboration tag.
#14March 10th, 2010 · 08:21 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
I can dig this rendition alright,your voice goes nicely with the music.I like that sampling in the background.Did you  play most instruments .I haven't been on for awhile so I'm glad to see you're all right I don't know if you were in the area of the earthquake.My condolences to the people of Chile who were affected.
#15March 11th, 2010 · 10:43 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
how did I miss this?...(where was I...visiting the "magic kingdom" again?...) anyway, gotta love a cover of some old Blue Oyster Cult...takes me back to me college days (sigh). Anyway, this is a great version. Your vocals have matured into some great rock vocals, Iz. This needs a few more listens before I have any critique to give...I just dig it for now.....
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 12:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.