#1December 4th, 2009 · 12:09 AM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Blissful Sadness V2.0

This song is not in a battle

This whopper is exactly 9 minutes and 36 seconds long, 13.5mb big.

It's pretty much final, except for some unsatisfactory volume blending that occurs when using Fruity Loops Studio. Gotta love it for that.

Blissful Sadness is something that occurs when an emotional distressing situation happens to you, however, on the same token, you know it was probably for the best and things will get better.

Some notes about this song:
Holy crap, I didn't get any help for the percussion. It's rather static, but when you zone in on the parts, it's more dynamic than I've ever made. A+ for Kelpie on that one.. First time of making my own percussion and it sounds good.

I also fixed the percussion. It was right, but there were two parts that was off. A simple move to the left fixed it. In the pattern that is. I found it really, really bothered me and listened to it while doing other things so I'd have a eureka moment and fix it. It was quite embarrassing.

This song was actually unfinished when I uploaded it as V1.0, I wanted to extended the synthy part out more.

I really like my idea in the end where the flute kind of just plays it's part off in the distance.

I have not only controller beats (synths or percussion used to control the beat of the song, even though it may be different. This helps to slow a beat down or speed up a beat.), but controller themes as well (Synths or percussion used to control what the theme or concept is within the song.) Though that's not to say they aren't a special part of this song, because they are!

I always neglect to apply a filter to cut down on the screeching on that synth from the sytrus plugin. It needs it every time I use it. I hope you read all this first, because this is a heads up on that. I will fix it later.

Enjoy - I did.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 4th, 2009 · 05:25 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
This song.... It tranced me out a lot. I regained consciousness somewhere near the end.

There are some really nice melodies. I was reading your blogs, I share the feeling with FL Studio, looking back on those hundreds of one minute files, seeing yourself growing and learning.

Very well done Kelpie, I'll be looking at more of your catalogue.
#3December 4th, 2009 · 08:24 PM
3 posts
United States of America
this one definitely sounds pretty natural for you. Again of course i like that you work in some piano and flute to balance out the more synthy sounding stuff.

Theres a lot of exploration going on here, so much that I think perhaps this could have been two or maybe even 3 different songs instead of one, but the variety is definitely nice.
#4December 8th, 2009 · 05:20 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
This sounds great, did you create your own synths for it? Even though 9 minutes is like an eternity for the adhd internet generation, this song never got boring, it was exciting and I loved listening to the all the way through. It sounds incredible to me, keep up the good work.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 3:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.