#1July 16th, 2005 · 03:37 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Broken Honesty
Score: 56.4%
Battle: 2005-08

This is a nice one. a friend and singer i used to be in a band with named caleb brought this idea to me, so i did what i could to make it happen. i hope he likes it. tell me what's wrong with it. that's the only thing people are good at. lol.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 1st, 2005 · 01:06 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Not bad.I think in the intro the vocals are too high and every once in awhile I think  they are louder in parts(a little hiss )when the heavier riff kicks in I think the Instruments aren't loud enough I wanted to groove with it but it wasn't in my face enough.I also like how
you said "tell me what's wrong with it,that's all people are good at" Sad but true.Nice job I'm sure he will enjoy it.
#3August 1st, 2005 · 03:30 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
mix
definitely mix down the vox on the intro... on the main chorus... mix down the guitar and mix up the drums and vox. The vox are overpowering on the intro and buried on the verses. The drums also aren't "there enough" to make it rock.

that's it... decent job though... your transitions are good
#4August 1st, 2005 · 04:21 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Good song overall. I'm not gonna criticize the production,m; I/m thinking of it more like a demo, and trying to hear it mentally produced like creed or staind. Try submitting this one somewhere seriously. Don't worry about the recording quality.
#5August 2nd, 2005 · 05:56 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Cool, I like the general vibe with this one. Definitely think it would be pretty hot with a production job!
#6August 2nd, 2005 · 08:03 AM
34 posts
United Kingdom
A bit empty in the intro and slow moving. The vocals were a bit quiet and your voice could be stronger. Needs work but it could be good.
#7August 3rd, 2005 · 04:18 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
31 posts
United States of America
Production needs a lot of work
Production needs a lot of work, accompaniment is not really there.

TOO LONG!!!
WAAY TOO LONG!!

the loud parts need to be louder, and the quiet parts need to be, uhh, louder too, actually.

i liked the little change in the middle.
#8August 9th, 2005 · 03:06 AM
20 posts
France
In my opinion, during the chorus the singer is a bit monotonous and shall be more expressive to stay in the spirit of the chorus. But actually, his voice is not that bad, it just need to be improved.

I like the introduction of the chorus, good idea! 
Just need some work and it will sound.
#9August 11th, 2005 · 09:09 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Constructive Criticizm
Good demo version, i think that ameteur artists on this website have some good comments and suggestions, heres some constructive criticizm;
Vocals- control the levels; needs some reverb;
Singer needs a monitor, the vocals go out a bit here and there;
Singer sounds like he's not interested in singing, which kinda kills the potential of the song,
this song is powerful- make it sound so, the singing needs to pack a  punch. I believe the vocalist can do it. It has potential to be a great track. Hope that helps.
#10August 11th, 2005 · 12:36 PM
6 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
hey, not a bad song. you switch from verses to choruses very well, and the chorus is catchy. however, levels really need adjustment, as well as EQ. also, the vocals don't sound all that intense... i would sing it up the octave (or have someone else sing it up the octave). good ideas musically though. rock on
#11August 14th, 2005 · 05:38 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
the intro needs a lick and a promise, my friend -- when it hit the main verse it found it's voice. Then get a producer. Thanks for the listen!
#12August 24th, 2005 · 03:26 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United States of America
the only complement i can think to give this song is that i love the sound of the guitar. However, what UnfitforDuty said makes sense b/c songs now a days are so much shorter than songs made in the 80's simply for airtime. I'll start w/ the vocals. You sing totally from your chest, and there is absolutely no tone in your voice. it just sounds so airy. If you're uncomfortable singing that high. . . don't. Move it to fit your range, b/c w/o good vocals your band will never go anywhere. The intro for the drums was rather lackadaisical, but once he started, he stayed on. The point i want to make is; u want your emotions to show in playing a song, so get into it.
#13August 30th, 2005 · 09:46 PM
4 posts
Australia
not bad
the song isnt bad, it kinda drags itself along after a while, and it could be dynamically better if it was louder and clearer in the right parts, but overall a decent song.

keep at it!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:32 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.