#1November 25th, 2009 · 08:35 PM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Bekis Song

This song is not in a battle

I wrote this for my girlfriend Beki. Used a drum machine for the drums but the rest is played by me. I know the vocals are horrible but whatever lol its all good.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 25th, 2009 · 08:44 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I like this. The vocals aren't horrible at all..the emotion is there. I think the guitar could be widened in the mix..maybe some sort of stereo effect? Either way, this is a very nice song.
#3November 25th, 2009 · 08:52 PM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Thanks. Yeah it's all mono because I actually recorded this whole song on my iPhone with a recording app lol. I realized that it wasn't stereo while I was importing it into my computer.
#4November 27th, 2009 · 01:06 AM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
This needs a considerable amount of work. For starters I'd do another recording and commit yourself to either something unplugged or something electric 'cause at the moment there's a very odd mix between what sounds like an unplugged guitar and a fairly driven drum line and solo. The vocals also need a lot of work, you're coming up pretty flat. The solo's pretty good but could use a little more variety. You've got a decent piece of music you just need to spend more time on it. Good luck.
#5November 28th, 2009 · 11:40 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
All done from your iPhone, well done.
Keep working at it. Try and keep the reverb ballanced, hence the vox are dry, drums very wet and guitar wet, it will sound much better, try recording on your PC, use something like 'Audition' it's free
Have you played it to Beki yet??

Tip: Try playing less notes in your guitar solo, most guitarists do the same, LESS IS MORE
#6November 30th, 2009 · 06:32 PM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
thanks denis. I'm planning on re doing it on my computer this week with Audacity. I've never heard on Audition but I'll look it up. And thanks for the tip I'll keep it in mind.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.