#1November 24th, 2009 · 01:58 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Something (cover) - L&M

This song is not in a battle

Ok, this a demo of a project the drummer of my band and me (guitarist) have. Basically it’s a business for we both are short in money and thought it would be a good idea to tray to get us playing in some restaurants or pubs or whatever.
So, as this is for a profitable activity, I want some honest feedback so we can get a good result.
We are planning to record about 10 songs, burn a CD and spread it anywhere we can.
This version isn’t at all one for the demo, cause it’s really rough. It has a lot of mistakes because we barely practiced this before recording it. It’s just an idea of what we plan to do and how it sounds.
It’s recorded via a mixer ( 6 channels maximum) to the line-in input of the PC, so it’s mono. It’s all in one take.
Any tip would help.
BTW, my friend is singing and playing the rhythm guitar. I’m doing the lead guitar and the vocal harmonies. Again, it’s really rough and not well executed.

> Iszil

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 24th, 2009 · 02:51 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Whats your Band set-up?
If it's a duo, then simply practice and re-record it until you're satisfied.

It's not a bad recording, just get the correct leads to record it in stereo. Personally I like live recordings, it's worth it to practice.  However, if you haven't got the time record the tracks individually at your leisure.

You need to record songs that will attract the venue, so it might be worth recording as many songs as possible and single out the ones for a particular venue. They will probably only listen to one or two tracks, so you need to put the best ones first.

Take the CD to the venue personally, try and make an appointment and get them to play it while you are there, take a portable CD player or Mp3 player with you. Don't leave it with them, unless you have no other option. People generally can't be bothered or are just too busy. Referrals are the best way to get gigs, so start with the ones you know and encourage them to refer you to other venues.

Then it's up to you to put on a great show, if people like you you will be fully booked and make money.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE 
#3November 24th, 2009 · 08:26 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
For lack of a better word, I'd describe this song as "lovely". Not the romantic type kinda thing, but it's very smooth flowing - the vocals are definitely an example of that.

I'd love to hear this recorded properly, perhaps even with drums, haha.

Harmony vocals could do some work... But there's not much to fix, it's mainly the high notes. Other than that, harmony blends in VERY nicely!

Sorry, but can't give any advice on getting a gig... Hope it works out well though, best of luck to you!

--XFactor--
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:08 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.