#1November 22nd, 2009 · 12:11 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
So Long (V4)

This song is not in a battle

I changed the drum pattern before the drum solo, added more reverb, re-mixed.
I hope this is the final mix, please do comment on anything that doesn't sound right.

Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 22nd, 2009 · 12:36 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Denis this is very good..
Ok for me to take it to the next level.
Bigger fill in the intro before first bar of drums.
-Can you double track your vox an under layer as a ghost to fatten up and also to give it this wider presence.Would love to hear how that works.
-Can you compress the intro keys a bit to give them a tighter sound?
Bass guitar and general guitars are great.
This one is very cool..
Be aware I'm just nitpicking here..
M.
#3November 22nd, 2009 · 12:54 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Is this you singing? If so, very good! I agree with Marino - double the vocal track to fatten it up in some way.
But, do it on certain parts, not the whole thing. But, it doesn't ruin the song for me, so you don't have to. The sound quality is great. Very good song..looks like your hard work paid off.
#4November 22nd, 2009 · 01:40 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Denis this is very good..
Ok for me to take it to the next level.
Bigger fill in the intro before first bar of drums.
-Can you double track your vox an under layer as a ghost to fatten up and also to give it this wider presence.Would love to hear how that works.
-Can you compress the intro keys a bit to give them a tighter sound?
Bass guitar and general guitars are great.
This one is very cool..
Be aware I'm just nitpicking here..
M.

LOL I did actually put one layer of vox, one layer was clean no EQ, so perhaps put another one. How would you pan the layer? Have a listen to V3, they are just louder in the mix, how does that sound?
Yeah come to think of it I don't think I compressed the keyboard, I'll see how it sounds.
I had trouble with both the intro of the drums and the first part of the Drums, I'll see what I can do.

NICE NITPICKING
#5November 22nd, 2009 · 01:42 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
fais54 wrote…
Is this you singing? If so, very good! I agree with Marino - double the vocal track to fatten it up in some way.
But, do it on certain parts, not the whole thing. But, it doesn't ruin the song for me, so you don't have to. The sound quality is great. Very good song..looks like your hard work paid off.

Yeah it's me singing 
Cheers
#6November 22nd, 2009 · 01:46 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Denis If you want send me a midi file or your drums and let me look at them..and a separate track of the song with no drums...Ill tweak them around just a notch..You did great so is not really that you need to change anything but I can show you what I hear and you can take it from there.Ill listen to V3 for vox..
Cheers
#7October 11th, 2011 · 05:59 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
29 posts
United States of America
Good Song
Sometimes there are some timing issues. You have a great voice though. Mind if I ask what you are using to record your music? I think you are a good song writer (I'm envious). I hope to hear more from you.
#8October 12th, 2011 · 04:39 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Good Song
tltate wrote…
Sometimes there are some timing issues. You have a great voice though. Mind if I ask what you are using to record your music? I think you are a good song writer (I'm envious). I hope to hear more from you.

Hello,

Thanks for your kind words, yes I do have timing issues, I get carried away with the feel of the song all too often. I can get away with it in Jazz.
With this recording I was using an Art Gold MPA tube mic pre-amp going into a Yamaha AW16G standalone DAW. - Old ECO acoustic,  Fender USA Strat through a Line 6 pod, I think the keyboard was through a Roland 1080 Synth module.
Drums are EzDrummer Vintage kit programmed via Fruiti-Loops. Bass is an Ibinez Musician going through a Line 6 Bass Pod xt. Finally put through Adobe audition to clean up, edit the start end and Limiter.

It's funny I've just gone through an upgrade process, I'll be uploading some new stuff soon, don't have the Yamaha AW16G anymore, now have a Focusrite pro 24 Audio interface, new Tanglewood acoustic, new Rhode mics. And Cubase 5 as the DAW
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 10:34 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.