#1November 17th, 2009 · 09:35 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Drift Apart

This song is not in a battle

I have a ton of homework, so rather than do it, I wrote a song today! I'm pretty happy with this one, save for the ending, which was sort of hacked together.

I'm so afraid of letting you go
Where I can be I just don't know
I'm trapped in a cage without a floor
You hold the keys to the door

I don't want to drift apart
Throw me the lifesaver, throw me your heart
Then we can pull each other in
I don't want to be alone
Throw me the lifesaver, throw me your phone
Then we can pull each other in

My body shakes from head to toe
My mind is racing to and frow
Thinking that you can't remember my name
Things will never be the same

I'm terrified of the coming storm
I keep you close to stay warm
But you want to go out into the rain
Your happiness causes me pai

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 17th, 2009 · 10:58 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
awesome !
MAN this is totally f*ckin' awesome. seriously, I LOVE the chorus, really really love it; the melody is perfect and damn, I love that you put two uhm.. "vocal-lines", sry can't find the word...

*putting this one on repeat.*

//adam

- feel free to check out my page or.. eeeah.. haha the songs are preetty old/bad(?), but I've got quite newer on youtube if you've got the time and energy... there's a link.. =)

over n' out
#3November 17th, 2009 · 11:12 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Theotherguy89Male.gif
141 threads / 140 songs

OMG!
OK, it's not a review, but I'm quite impressed about that amount of songs.

Now, about the song.
The ride sounds like a bell or something; it has a really really thin and bright sound. Fix that.
The production is really good. The song is not like my cup of tea, but it's a nice tune.

> Iszil
#4November 18th, 2009 · 01:23 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
hey man glad to see your back and uploading!!!
love it, and love your vox...this perfectly fits your vox.   
This reminds me SO much of Porcupine Tree...look em up....excellent job. kind of spacey prog rock. which i friggin love.    

This ones downloaded. Times 3.
Im so glad your still uploading dude. You got talent....

My advice to you, please explore this type of music more...it perfectly fits you and your style. Explore it, do all you can. Not poppy rock and all that stuff....this is perfect dude. Perfect. Perfect.
I freaking love the guitar solo. Keep doing this kind of experimental spacey prog rock stuff. Go with it...it totally fits you.
Excellent
#5November 18th, 2009 · 01:39 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Porcupine Tree? You gotta be kidding me...
PT is one of the best bands from this millennium, together with Muse, The Darkness, Ayreon, The Mars Volta, Wolfmother (wait a minute! I thought I was going to name just a few; I'm pretty sure I even forgot some... F***! After all there's some future out of this new music generations...) well, as I was saying, to sat that this sounds like them is saying a bit too much. Porcupine Tree has a unique sound and this song - don't misunderstand me - it's OK, but waaaaaaay to far of being anything like PT. It sounds to me more like some sort of dark rock/pop song.
Anyway, you should check them out, specially their "In Absentia" album.

> Iszil

PS: That was totally off-topic. Sorry. I'm getting used to deviate out of other people comments.
#6November 18th, 2009 · 02:38 AM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
TheKunadiun wrote…
hey man glad to see your back and uploading!!!
love it, and love your vox...this perfectly fits your vox.   
This reminds me SO much of Porcupine Tree...look em up....excellent job. kind of spacey prog rock. which i friggin love.    

I can see a slight similarity in the overall tone, but I'm not nearly that creative or talented. I will definitely check these guys out. I am really liking the stuff I am hearing on Youtube. Honestly I am trying to emulate grunge in most of my music, and not prog rock, or pop rock. But it comes out very poppy because my voice is high and my songwriting is simplistic. Definitely not prog rock though.

As for Iz, I've got a lot of songs, but most of them are crap! I have periods where I'll pump out one a day or at least one a week, and long stretches of writing nothing. My next one will definitely be a remake of Stayout
#7November 18th, 2009 · 08:03 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol Iz....
I know that there is BARELY a resemblance...it just slightly reminded me of PT and well I thought, if you are capable...run with it. Expand on the idea.

As I listen again I do see its more grungey than progish but thats not a bad thing. Sounds like a cool track and I was offering some advice to possibly expand the way you write music, delve into huge amounts of creativity.
it was laaaate last night....and now its early morning right now...i need sleep
#8November 18th, 2009 · 02:24 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
One of your beter vocal performaces.
Nice mix, except I think the snare is too loud.

Nice song, keep 'em coming!
#9November 18th, 2009 · 06:41 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Solo at 3:53 is EXCELLENT. Loved that shredding.

Vocals are a bit quiet, maybe? Again though, harmony vocals were great! (And yeah, snare is a bit loud, haha. Rest of the drums seem fine though.)

Tempo change at around 4:30 was definitely a highlight too. I dig the lyrics.

Well done!

--XFactor--
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 1:20 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.