#1November 17th, 2009 · 10:23 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
So Long (V3)

This song is not in a battle

RE did the Vox, got closer to the mic, less effects, are they too loud?, hence at first seemed Ok, then I thought they were TOO IN YOUR FACE     .lol. I wouldn't normally spend this much time on one song, listening to so much may have altered my judgement, hmm
Remixed
Tweaked the drums.

Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 17th, 2009 · 04:47 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
First off I love the instrumentation and everything in this song. Excellent piece.
WOW Awesome vox!!!  
This is one of my favorite tracks from you I think.
Somethings bugging me about the drums....somethings out of sync...not in time...I cant put my finger on it but it just sounds weird.
Thats the only thing I can see that is an issue. And it only seems like that one they first come in (everything before the guitar solo).

AWESOME GUITAR SOLO 
Love the tone and excellent playing there.
I really like how you end it. Ace job
#3November 18th, 2009 · 06:13 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
First off I love the instrumentation and everything in this song. Excellent piece.
WOW Awesome vox!!!  
This is one of my favorite tracks from you I think.
Somethings bugging me about the drums....somethings out of sync...not in time...I cant put my finger on it but it just sounds weird.
Thats the only thing I can see that is an issue. And it only seems like that one they first come in (everything before the guitar solo).

AWESOME GUITAR SOLO 
Love the tone and excellent playing there.
I really like how you end it. Ace job

Yeah I know what you mean about the drum rhythm at the start, I'll use a different rhythm maybe put the snare elsewhere too, it doesn't seem to fit the rhythm.
#4November 20th, 2009 · 08:06 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
sugoi
Really lovely vocal denis san playing soulful supurb.
Drums are scrubbing up well keep at it,are you using new snare ?
Timing wise organic 

Thanks for posting
yy
#5November 21st, 2009 · 05:59 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: sugoi
yokoinc wrote…
Really lovely vocal denis san playing soulful supurb.
Drums are scrubbing up well keep at it,are you using new snare ?
Timing wise organic 

Thanks for posting
yy

I still think the vocal is too loud, the drums at the start need redoing, the drums are EzDrummer, Vintage Kit, take a listen to  the track named 'Reunion', that was recorded with Ezdrummer 'Jazz kit'. EzDrummer is the best drum software I've used, many of the samples are real loops, plus using it with FL allows you to change rhythms manually and adjust the velocity and overall dynamics, which again are real, so a snare played softly sounds soft, AMAZING I think.
#6November 21st, 2009 · 09:55 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
still i dont think it can compete with a real drummer 
#7November 22nd, 2009 · 01:52 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Ok so I gave it a listen..I guess what Im hearing in the vox in a bit more openness and intimacy..It sounds somewhat dry although the quality recording is phenomenal.Send me a section of the vocal track by itself Denis Ill show you what I mean..

On this listen I also thought that maybe just the guitar as an intro would be very nice and intimate too.Just a thought as in less is more!
#8November 25th, 2009 · 07:30 AM
3 posts
Germany
Gave a listen
Nice tunes...
Like it
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 2:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.