#1November 13th, 2009 · 07:09 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
So Long V2 (vox)

This song is not in a battle

I met up with an old neigbour and school friend, Colin Jones a couple of days ago, Colin wrote the lyrics.

Re-did the Bass, and re-mastered

SO LONG

I left my tinted glasses on the table,
Somehow the world it seems a different place,
I look back on the past a bit too often,
Seems to be a gentler thing to face.

The streets they are alive and heave and moan,
Just one long and endless, mindless brawl,
Do those days we left behind in all their glory,
Fade away like long hot Summers into Fall.

But it’s all in my mind,
All the days we left behind,
They are all left in my mind to turn to dust,

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 13th, 2009 · 10:17 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
Really nice, I like the addition of the lyrics, the song makes me want to wave a lighter in the air
#3November 14th, 2009 · 03:10 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
At 1:31, I felt the song really kicked in nicely, but it also seemed as if the vocalist should be singing while the guitar was soloing, haha. There seemed to be some timing issues with the drums at the beginning, but like mentioned, at around 1:31, the tempo somehow caught up.

Lyrics and vocals are awesome.

Waiting for the full version of this song was worth it.

--XFactor--
#4November 14th, 2009 · 07:46 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: So Long V2 (vox)
Nice Intro ..............

Hey you sound like Mick Jagger!!!!

nice guitar sound......well balanced...........

I Like this feel.....so relaxed ..........
nice segue into acoustic.........and out

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm cool!

relaxed fish
#5November 15th, 2009 · 02:11 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
XFactor wrote…
At 1:31, I felt the song really kicked in nicely, but it also seemed as if the vocalist should be singing while the guitar was soloing, haha. There seemed to be some timing issues with the drums at the beginning, but like mentioned, at around 1:31, the tempo somehow caught up.

Lyrics and vocals are awesome.

Waiting for the full version of this song was worth it.

--XFactor--

Thanks X, I'll check the drums, I was wondering about singing with the guitar solo, hence the vocal Melody blends at the start of the guitar solo.  Also considering making this part one.  My friend Colin wrote more lyrics, so I could put them in part two, or try singing them with the solo in this version.
Cheers
#6November 15th, 2009 · 02:17 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: So Long V2 (vox)
swordfish wrote…
Nice Intro ..............

Hey you sound like Mick Jagger!!!!

nice guitar sound......well balanced...........

I Like this feel.....so relaxed ..........
nice segue into acoustic.........and out

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm cool!

relaxed fish

LOL, Jagger, I'll have to put on a wig and stick out my lips
#7November 15th, 2009 · 02:26 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I just noticed that the synth in the intro sounds to centered. I would prefer it spread in the mix; more stereo.
The voice is really good. No problems with it.
Now the bass sounds like a bass. Good work fixing that.
Sweet tune. Sweet mood.

> Iszil
#8November 15th, 2009 · 02:35 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice song indeed..
Ok so lets gives this a shot:
I would like to here the vocals a little closer to the mic and not so far back in the mix.The bass seems to lack just a little of presence in the low end at times..I would suggest a compression to thicken up if your not already using one.As far as the guitars go you seem to have you set up masterd!
Denis man this is a great track!
#9November 15th, 2009 · 03:28 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
I just noticed that the synth in the intro sounds to centered. I would prefer it spread in the mix; more stereo.
The voice is really good. No problems with it.
Now the bass sounds like a bass. Good work fixing that.
Sweet tune. Sweet mood.

> Iszil

Thanks Is, I realise now that the patch is vintage, must be mono, yeah I can add an effect to give it a stereo effect, must have something like that, or I could double track it and change the pitch, -8 cents to left and +8 cents to the right, or just move the pan to suite.
#10November 15th, 2009 · 03:44 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Nice song indeed..
Ok so lets gives this a shot:
I would like to here the vocals a little closer to the mic and not so far back in the mix.The bass seems to lack just a little of presence in the low end at times..I would suggest a compression to thicken up if your not already using one.As far as the guitars go you seem to have you set up masterd!
Denis man this is a great track!

I did wonder about the Bass, I thought maybe it was slightly too low in the mix, it appears to have depth on my system? I've a new Bass POD, I chose a preset that auto selects the EQ, so in theory it should be OK, it also has compression, I'll try raising the mix first.

I used a stereo delay feature in the vox, I wonder if that's what your hearing? I am going to redo the vox, it was a quick take, also Colin who wrote the lyrics has changed a couple of things. This was his first attempt in writing lyrics to Music.

Cheers
#11November 17th, 2009 · 04:49 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I listend to V3...then I listened to this one...and Im conflicted for which I like more....I really like this one..I dont know if I like it more than V3...but I think I like your vox more in this one....even back behind in the mix...I think it fits better...Im not sure
#12November 17th, 2009 · 06:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
I listend to V3...then I listened to this one...and Im conflicted for which I like more....I really like this one..I dont know if I like it more than V3...but I think I like your vox more in this one....even back behind in the mix...I think it fits better...Im not sure

Yeah I know what you mean, horses for courses, I'm gonna let my ears rest for a couple of days, hearing too much of the same song can alter your judgment, normally I master as  I record, it seems to work, I think it's simply because I haven't been recording for three months, so it's a simple matter of getting back into a routine.

I may add similar effect to the vocal in V3 and compare, My instincts are normally the best, we'll see

Cheers
#13November 17th, 2009 · 07:56 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
sounds like a plan stan
#14December 19th, 2009 · 02:58 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
22 posts
United States of America
Super awesome sound you got out of the guitars. The composition is fantastic as well! Nice work Denis.
#15December 20th, 2009 · 07:40 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice, Nice work here, Denis...I could have sworn I was listening to "Stairway To Heaven"..during the intro for just a second...good guitar lead...sounds awesome...nice vocals too...I think this is one of your best songs, Denis...one for my playlist...love it, Bro

Nice rating
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:23 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.