#1November 5th, 2009 · 03:38 AM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Turn the Page

This song is not in a battle

I have been looking for this song forever. I recorded it about a year ago and didn't know where it went. I plugged in a flash drive, and lo and behold there were all the raw recordings. I put them together and re-mastered it, and here it is. This song had such an awesome guitar solo that is going to be stuck in my head for weeks now.

No lyrics, sorry.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 5th, 2009 · 03:56 AM
89 posts
Canada
lol yeah where did 1:38 come from?  I liked that alot.  You are absolutely correct about that solo being awesome.  I really like how it fills out at 2:09, changes the dynamic and power if the lead and demands the proper attention.  So this is an old song?  Ha my old songs from random disks would need a cipher to figure out what the hell was going on lol.

I would really like to hear lyrics added to this, but then I am a vocal enthusiast and biased.

Very nice piece
Chris
#3November 5th, 2009 · 02:17 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah the song really comes together @ 1.38
Although if you added a vocal before it, that may just add the cream on the cake.
Nice lead melody's.
Great composition.
If would change anything it would simply put more punch in the drums, I'm guessing they may just be over compressed.

Well done!!
#4November 6th, 2009 · 11:06 PM
60 threads / 45 songs
149 posts
United States of America
y did u name it turn the page?

I really like it
#5November 9th, 2009 · 11:19 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
incredible solo, amazing instrumental
great job
#6November 9th, 2009 · 11:30 PM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
Hmm not really all that crazy about the solo..Of course a mayor pentatonic sure adds ..It gives it the southern rock sound,but there's some weak spots in the performances,sounds like you lacking some dynamic flow to have it gel together into a full melodic story.Good effort!
#7November 10th, 2009 · 09:31 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
43 posts
Venezuela
My short Review
I liked it. It's sticky...hehehehe

The solo is not great...but its ok...the change is awesome @ 1:38.

Watch out for synchronization...thats all...
#8November 12th, 2009 · 11:59 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice one..I can always here nyour signature sound in the melodies you make.They always seem to have a sort of mysterious longing of sorts..The break was kinda old rush like except when the solo comes in..Nice solo by the way!
Loved the harms!
I like this!
M
#9November 15th, 2009 · 01:45 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
re: re: Turn the Page
swordfish wrote…
I JUST LOVE THE LYRICS TO THIS SONG.............

DEAF FISH :D

You call this a review>..????
Since when are songs required lyrics all the time swordy?Get over it!!

Sorry THEO but Swordy gets to me with his incoherent remarks!He must be drunk again!
#10November 15th, 2009 · 02:21 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I really like the way the clean guitar mixes with the melodic electric guitar. Totally sweet.
I was just a bit disappointed about the solo; was expecting a lot more concidering you previous information.
And also, you have to fix the drums Eq. Sounds like it lost all the low freqs.
Overall, it's a nice composition.

> Iszil
#11November 16th, 2009 · 12:00 AM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Looking at all of these comments, I meant to say that it was awesome relative to my other guitar solos. Not in an absolute sense 
#12November 18th, 2009 · 01:31 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Ah man another really cool spacey prog rock kind of amazing thing from you. This could be huge!! Develop lyrics to it and possibly some other sections to the song...make it big. Look up Porcupine Tree if you havent heard of em. Woah I love where it goes at around like 1:40ish. You are really good at this style of music. Dont stop!!!!!
Guitar solo is awesome relative to your other stuff. Great job
Very cool and I really love where you are going with your music. you have definitely freaking progressed. rock on

NEEDS "SPACEY" LYRICS
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 9:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.