Nice walking Bass.
Reminds me a bit like SADE
Hmm would love to hear a SAX in this
Lead guitar needs to come up in the mix

Lovely song
#3November 5th, 2009 · 02:03 AM
89 posts
Canada
I like this   Such a funky groove, so much attitude (the kind before punk made it about ADHD lol).  I disagree however, with Denis (oh I said it lol) about the lead guitar:  unless I misunderstood the comment anyway.  I like the bass driven piece though I do think the guitar solo could have a little more shimmer and depth to it (sounds a little too telephone compression for me):  such a nice bit of playing it should really catch one attention.

I do agree though with the sax, that would sound amazing.  In fact, I think it would sound incredible to actually replace the guitar solo with a sax:  sounds great playing in my head anyway

Nice song here, enjoyed it a lot.
Chris
#4November 5th, 2009 · 04:53 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
thanks for the feed back guys
for the lead I wanted some low-fi sound to it and not too in front in the mix maybe it's it should be slightly louder in the mix but I'm very happy with the sound
As for the sax well next time we are recording I'll make sure to send you an invite Denis london is not that far from Suffolk
#5November 5th, 2009 · 05:33 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
12InSilver wrote…
I like this   Such a funky groove, so much attitude (the kind before punk made it about ADHD lol).  I disagree however, with Denis (oh I said it lol) about the lead guitar:  unless I misunderstood the comment anyway.  I like the bass driven piece though I do think the guitar solo could have a little more shimmer and depth to it (sounds a little too telephone compression for me):  such a nice bit of playing it should really catch one attention.

I do agree though with the sax, that would sound amazing.  In fact, I think it would sound incredible to actually replace the guitar solo with a sax:  sounds great playing in my head anyway

Nice song here, enjoyed it a lot.
Chris

LOL you are welcome to disagree with me.
It's all a matter of personal taste, Vincent is happy wth it, that's all that matters IMO...he he
It may well work what you suggested, but Vincent may not like it...ha ha
I would personally change it
#6November 5th, 2009 · 05:45 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
vincentL wrote…
thanks for the feed back guys
for the lead I wanted some low-fi sound to it and not too in front in the mix maybe it's it should be slightly louder in the mix but I'm very happy with the sound
As for the sax well next time we are recording I'll make sure to send you an invite Denis london is not that far from Suffolk

Hmm interesting, Low-fi to me means poor quality, I'm sure you don't mean that.
Perhaps you mean a trebly sound, you can still get a NICE trebly sound. In fact if you dont want the sound to cut through, as much, you are better off putting less treble, I'm not clear what you are trying to achieve here?? If you just want it behind the mix, I would personally record it in the best quality and simply have it low in the mix??
Thanks for the invite, unfotunatlely I'm not good at travelling long distances (long story) , however I would be happy to record at my home studio with a backing track and give you the wav file, we could initially do it just for fun (thats not to say I will not do my best), if you don't like it you can leave it out, whatever. I'd be happy to try and help, I honestly think in some of your songs a little sax will add some texture, so long as I play well...lol

Great to see you making progress in your music, you a coming on just fine.
#7November 5th, 2009 · 03:21 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
God I'm so happy I come to bandAmp  there is such good music here sometimes......

I like the solo...it's the 'another room, another time jazz' feel. yea! Low-fi is right.
I actually like the whole song, it's excellent.
Your vocalist has that Sade feel but she has her own strength, softness and beauty.
And I just love your repetitive guitar.....listening for the forth time, loving it more and more.......

You guys have a good thing going , this is really good stuff.....and if you keep on producing stuff like this you can easily play to bigger crowds than in the pub field, and you'll probably pick up a lot of fans.
#8November 6th, 2009 · 09:13 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
God I'm so happy I come to bandAmp  there is such good music here sometimes......

I like the solo...it's the 'another room, another time jazz' feel. yea! Low-fi is right.
I actually like the whole song, it's excellent.
Your vocalist has that Sade feel but she has her own strength, softness and beauty.
And I just love your repetitive guitar.....listening for the forth time, loving it more and more.......

You guys have a good thing going , this is really good stuff.....and if you keep on producing stuff like this you can easily play to bigger crowds than in the pub field, and you'll probably pick up a lot of fans.

Well you learn something everyday, I now understand what is being achieved by 'low-fi', thanks for pointing that out Kings.
I ditto your suggestion of Vincents band playing to a larger venue, I too metioned this in another recent post of a Vincent audio upload.

Keep up the great work Vincent
#9November 6th, 2009 · 07:11 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: In the middle of the sea (mix 1)
Trippy.............. a bit hippy
and nice.............

different and surprisingly relaxing .................

thanx

im cool now........
a chilled fish
#10November 7th, 2009 · 10:05 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Spot on about the solo kings I'm glad it works for you as that was exactly the effect I was going for
we will have the final mix of all the songs we recorded in the next few days so we will start sending CD to London venues and hopefully some good will come out of it
#11November 9th, 2009 · 11:56 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
really, really cool
the vocals kinda remind me of beatles-ish stuff, psychedilic kinda but really chill
I love it
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 9:21 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.