#1November 2nd, 2009 · 09:39 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Stronghold

This song is not in a battle

A cover to Denny Schneidemesser's "Entering The Stronghold".

It's obviously not as impressive, as mine is purely MIDI, when I'm pretty sure Mr. Schneidemesser either has his music recorded or probably better composition software.

For any lawyers out there trying to sue kids...

According to Creative Commons Legal Code, I am allowed to reproduce (A.K.A. cover) Mr. Schneidemesser's song simply because it is an adaptation of the original, which falls under the Creative Commons Legal Code, section 1a. (And no, I haven't taken law, I just don't want to get my pants sued off.)

-> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/legalcode

Credit to the original artist, Denny Schneidemesser, for the main tune, myself for the new arrangement.

Don't worry, I didn't look off any sheet music - it was done purely by ear and playing a video game (which features Entering The Stronghold) lots.

--XFactor--

P.S. Feel free to grumble about the sound quality. I did a bit of that myself before uploading this as well.

P.P.S. Due to a crappy MIDI conversion, if you can tell at all, there should be two bass drum sounds - one light and one soft. The light one was actually supposed to be the bass drum on a drumset, while the heavier one being a taiko drum down an octave.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 2nd, 2009 · 10:08 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
First I listened to yours, then listened to the original, then yours again
The first thing I noticed listening to yours the first time is the epic sounding orchestra, and the drum beats that pumped up the energy and gave it a nice feel that could go with almost anything. I couldn't help but to think a rapper could rap over it, a singer could sing over it, it could stay the way it is as an instrumental and still be awesome in movies or videogames or just as a song overall.
When I listened to the original, I realized it's mostly similar and the biggest change was your drums which imo were awesome, it makes the song sound much more modernized and hiphopish, something you could move your head to
I like your remix, btw what software did you use to create it?
If you don't like the sounds from it, you can import midis into fl studios and some other programmers and replace them with other synths.
#3November 2nd, 2009 · 10:11 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
This sounds really moving. You did a really impressive job at recreating it. Not much I can critique on this one.
#4November 3rd, 2009 · 06:06 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
claudebukowski wrote…
I like your remix, btw what software did you use to create it?
If you don't like the sounds from it, you can import midis into fl studios and some other programmers and replace them with other synths.

Claudebukowski - Thanks for the advice; the software I use to create this is a trial version program called "NoteWorthy Composer". The demo version I use is NWC 1.75, while the website offers a download for NWC 2 (much more refined and different - it plays the notes as you input them). It's purely MIDI-patch music, but I run my MIDIs through a free online converter (you kind of get the idea of what kind of budget I'm on, right?) which results in some wicked sound but VST's that even I can complain about. Most importantly though, thanks for the advice on the FL Studio thing. I will definitely consider importing future music into there in MIDI format and then adding different instrumentation to it.

Fais54 - Thanks, your feedback is much appreciated!

--XFactor--

P.S. If you need help on NWC, Claudebukowski, I'm more than willing to provide support/tutorials on using NWC. (It's definitely easier and faster to learn than FL Studio, hehe.)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:04 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.